• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This whole vaccine debacle just grinds my gears.

News reports yesterday outlined an Ohio woman who won a 1 million dollar "raffle" for getting a vaccine.
    Other states/municipalities are offering free drinks, free joints, free rides, free concerts... all in an effort to entice fence-sitters to take theCovid-19 vaccine.

The question arises, if this vaccine were the be-all/end-all, ultimate answer to this "pandemic", why aren't people beating down the doors clamoring for their individual salvation?

When you offer something of worth or value, people will beat a path to your door.
    The fact that the government feels the need to bribe, or try to coerce people into compliance tells me to question the dominate paradigm.
    Funny you mention “salvation.” I can only assume that you are not a person of faith, because if you were, you understand why your comparison isn’t a good one.

But, I digress. There are plenty of things “of value,” that people avoid or believe they can do without. Fluorinated water anyone?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If the vaccine was good:
    1.) People would be lining up to pay any price for it
    2.) There would be no need for anyone to be required to get it
    3.) The spread would be almost insignificant at this point
    4.) it'd have full FDA approval for preventing covid
    5.) We'd be made aware of any and all side effects and long term consequences without being called a conspiracy theorist for considering them

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Funny you mention “salvation.” I can only assume that you are not a person of faith, because if you were, you understand why your comparison isn’t a good one.

But, I digress. There are plenty of things “of value,” that people avoid or believe they can do without. Fluorinated water anyone?
    He didn’t use “salvation” in a religious sense. There is a logical problem with his statement but that’s not it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the vaccine was good:
    5.) We'd be made aware of any and all side effects and long term consequences without being called a conspiracy theorist for considering them
    :facepalm:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If the vaccine was good:
    This is pretty flimsy logic.

I recognize that vaccines for malaria, polio, measles have multiple protective health benefits, but I'm not lining up for them. Nor am I willing to pay any price for them.

A lack of enthusiasm for a specific thing doesn't mean there's zero benefit to it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is pretty flimsy logic.

I recognize that vaccines for malaria, polio, measles have multiple protective health benefits, but I'm not lining up for them. Nor am I willing to pay any price for them.

A lack of enthusiasm for a specific thing doesn't mean there's zero benefit to it.

If I was going well south of the border, I'd be getting a malaria vaccine.

Polio isn't exactly something you encounter these days so...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I was going well south of the border, I'd be getting a malaria vaccine.

Polio isn't exactly something you encounter these days so...
    Your “they’re not lining up for it therefor it’s not ‘good’” argument reduces to circular reasoning.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Your “they’re not lining up for it therefor it’s not ‘good’” argument reduces to circular reasoning.

Throttle back on the hyper technical and literal take on what I said.

I'm saying, if covid is something people actually fear, and the vaccine alleviate people's fears, then there would be people lining up for it. It's not so much about whether the vaccine is "good" or not. It's how it's being perceived.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Throttle back on the hyper technical and literal take on what I said.

I'm saying, if covid is something people actually fear, and the vaccine alleviate people's fears, then there would be people lining up for it. It's not so much about whether the vaccine is "good" or not. It's how it's being perceived.
    Well, you said what you said, and other people seem to be saying the same thing too. You didn’t say anything about perception.

And if it is about perception, what point is even contended? We know some people are very afraid of covid and they really think the vaccine is a benefit to themselves and society. Some people aren’t afraid of covid, and they tend to be those who don’t get vaccinated. Some are even afraid of covid but are even more afraid of the vaccine.

None of that is surprising. Perception drives behavior. And that doesn’t say a ***damn thing about the risks of covid and the efficacy or risks of the vaccine.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think there have been some cases (more than expected) crop up relatively recently though. Probably "imported", but because some anti-vaxxer's kid was unvaccinated, they contracted it.

I believe that was due to mass public defacation in cities on the western coast.
    Old horror viruses have been coming back due to that.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And that report said there were genetic elements of malaria built into the bank bug...

Well I Suwanee.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Letter goes out Friday. Deadline is Tuesday. To be fully vaccinated they’d need to be able to schedule a J&J vax over a holiday weekend.

Jeff Zucker is an *******.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom