• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's a long string of false equivalency. It you cannot debate the point, switching to "yeah? well, so's your old man" is allowed only through primary school.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It's a long string of false equivalency. It you cannot debate the point, switching to "yeah? well, so's your old man" is allowed only through primary school.
    This isn’t talking about “my old man” it’s talking about an unproven vaccines efficacy vs other medications. Significantly different, just because you define it as whataboutism doesn’t mean it is. It’s a conversation that needs to be had, and providing no rebuttal other than whataboutism isn’t engaging in a discussion about alternatives.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This isn’t talking about “my old man” it’s talking about an unproven vaccines efficacy vs other medications. Significantly different, just because you define it as whataboutism doesn’t mean it is. It’s a conversation that needs to be had, and providing no rebuttal other than whataboutism isn’t engaging in a discussion about alternatives.
    Then debate the point. Don't deflect into "Well, what about so and so?" Asking questions not specific to the item being discussed is not a rebuttal.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Then debate the point. Don't deflect into "Well, what about so and so?" Asking questions not specific to the item being discussed is not a rebuttal.
    Alternative medications to an unproven vaccine certainly is a rebuttal.

Discussing long term side effects of an unproven vaccines certainly is a rebuttal.

Discussing the ineffectiveness of the unproven vaccine certainly is a rebuttal.

All discussions worth having. All debating the point. Calling them whataboutisms to avoid the topic altogether would describe your second sentence. It’s deflection, and that is not debating the point nor is it a rebuttal

;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’ll also add that true whataboutism would be when the guys pushing the vax scream “what about the polio vaccine and the smallpox vaccine”. I’ve seen it right here in this very thread and it was never called out as whataboutism, nor does it relate to the current vaccine in any way. Discussing alternatives to the current vaccine is related to the discussion.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Alternative medications to an unproven vaccine certainly is a rebuttal.

Discussing long term side effects of an unproven vaccines certainly is a rebuttal.

Discussing the ineffectiveness of the unproven vaccine certainly is a rebuttal.

All discussions worth having. All debating the point. Calling them whataboutisms to avoid the topic altogether would describe your second sentence. It’s deflection, and that is not debating the point nor is it a rebuttal

;)
    Oh he gooood at that there deflectin thang. But I guess I would have to hone those skills if I helped vote this train wreck into power.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oh he gooood at that there deflectin thang.
    I like alpo, I enjoy our debates and discussions, for the most part. I can get irritated with him just like he can me, I don’t feel when he deflects it’s intentional, just like when I do it isn’t intentional. We’re legitimately trying to make our point or call something out. He knows I’ll still buy him a beer. Or a daiquiri... I won’t judge ;)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My grandma drank daquiris. Whatchoo got agin Grandmas?!!!!!

ThirdBackAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I like alpo, I enjoy our debates and discussions, for the most part. I can get irritated with him just like he can me, I don’t feel when he deflects it’s intentional, just like when I do it isn’t intentional. We’re legitimately trying to make our point or call something out. He knows I’ll still buy him a beer. Or a daiquiri... I won’t judge ;)
    Oh I have a beer with him and you both. But I'll also call out the deflection. When he gets pinned down, he has a tendency to resort to these childish retorts that I get a kick out of.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Don't be the frog

download.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom