Sioux Falls, SD

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well, here's a study to sink your keyboards into that states

"Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States".​

This one started going around a few weeks ago. While it generally supports what I think is happening, I always try to disprove everything. I found an interesting article here on Mother Jones that really highlighted how political this whole thing has been. The article was trying to say the conclusion in the study is being twisted to be anti-vaccine when it’s clearly saying the vaccine is great. The author asked the Harvard researcher for a statement on what the study showed. The researcher says it’s absolutely NOT arguing against the vaccine. It’s arguing that vaccines are highly effective as a multi-prong approach, to include masks, social distancing, personal hygiene, and the development of other therapeutics. Now, that’s a valid conclusion. Another valid conclusion is to say we can’t vaccinate our way out of this. The mandates are trampling rights without any positive impact on COVID numbers.

Another interesting tidbit from the left-leaning Mother Jones article:

“Indeed, the paper initially came onto my radar from a concerned tipster who worried an unscrupulous Harvard researcher was working to leverage the university’s name in the service of right-wing political aims.”

In other words, someone saw a study from a highly-acclaimed institution like Harvard and assumed the only logical conclusion was that some lying infiltrator was making up research using Harvard’s name to promote a political aim. This person didn’t think “hmmm maybe my viewpoint isn’t totally accurate.” No, they assumed it must be a lie because there is no way their beliefs could be wrong.

As much as it applies to the left though, it also applies to folks on the right.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This one started going around a few weeks ago. While it generally supports what I think is happening, I always try to disprove everything. I found an interesting article here on Mother Jones that really highlighted how political this whole thing has been. The article was trying to say the conclusion in the study is being twisted to be anti-vaccine when it’s clearly saying the vaccine is great. The author asked the Harvard researcher for a statement on what the study showed. The researcher says it’s absolutely NOT arguing against the vaccine. It’s arguing that vaccines are highly effective as a multi-prong approach, to include masks, social distancing, personal hygiene, and the development of other therapeutics. Now, that’s a valid conclusion. Another valid conclusion is to say we can’t vaccinate our way out of this. The mandates are trampling rights without any positive impact on COVID numbers.

“Indeed, the paper initially came onto my radar from a concerned tipster who worried an unscrupulous Harvard researcher was working to leverage the university’s name in the service of right-wing political aims.”

In other words, someone saw a study from a highly-acclaimed institution like Harvard and assumed the only logical conclusion was that some lying infiltrator was making up research using Harvard’s name to promote a political aim. This person didn’t think “hmmm maybe my viewpoint isn’t totally accurate.” No, they assumed it must be a lie because there is no way their beliefs could be wrong.

As much as it applies to the left though, it also applies to folks on the right.
    Seeing as the mRNA pharmaceuticals are neither engineered or intended to keep people from getting the bank bug, well, a body would have to wonder why they needed a study at all except for politicking. That's why looking through it was interesting to me in the first place.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Huh, 95% effective. Where have I heard that before?

95% declining to the 40s and 50s after 85 days.

Nobody bothers to read the published research papers. The apologists for the vaccine prefer to pretend you're too simple to read such a thing.

They'd probably never understand why mRNA hadn't been used before, and why its implementation now has a catch. Nor would the apologists be able to comprehend how this catch can result in various strange problems that are all easily explained once you understand its method of function.

At least on the upsides, the destruction it causes your immune system to do to its body is constrained by the same period of time as its efficacy lasts. Providing you have adequate time to regenerate the destroyed cells.

Also, apparently natural immunity now has a shelf life as well. I read a study a few days ago that pinned the expiration date for natural immunity at 16 months after recovery.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

The guy's a full professor at Harvard, all you have to do is look at PubMed to see he has hundreds of publications, he's not going to ruin his career by trying to put out right wing propaganda lol, this Mother Jones author must be a moron.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    So Fort Wayne has made the national news. Seems that a nurse practitioner at a local Redi Med diagnosed a minor teenager with sinusitis, an ear infection and bronchitis, then refused to treat him because he was not vaccinated against COVID-19. Mom tries to reason with the nurse and gets shown to security (and the door) after the nurse tries to take the phone away from the upset mom as she records the whole thing.

https://defiantamerica.com/child-in...n-the-hospital-because-of-vaccination-status/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So Fort Wayne has made the national news. Seems that a nurse practitioner at a local Redi Med diagnosed a minor teenager with sinusitis, an ear infection and bronchitis, then refused to treat him because he was not vaccinated against COVID-19. Mom tries to reason with the nurse and gets shown to security (and the door) after the nurse tries to take the phone away from the upset mom as she records the whole thing.

https://defiantamerica.com/child-in...n-the-hospital-because-of-vaccination-status/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Will we went from the British are coming to Nazi Germany....that was quick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom