• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    Doing some homework after wife booked vacation to Myrtle Beach. Found out that SC does not recognize IN permit. I'm committed at this point. Not cool.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    When is your trip? Got enough time to apply for and receive a non-resident from somewhere that SC recognizes.

I picked up my Utah a while back when I had a fishing trip. Had a couple of months to plan, though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    SC doesn't recognize non-resident permits, it appears.

Correct SC is a no go for us Hoosiers. (Actually I am a Boilermaker but you get the drift.) check the laws but I believe that a loaded handgun in the car is OK and a person should be able to take it into the hotel. Otherwise invest in a good flashlight, pay attention and enjoy the trip. I am all about carrying everywhere but that is not always possible. Don't sweat the small stuff.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    When is your trip? Got enough time to apply for and receive a non-resident from somewhere that SC recognizes.

I picked up my Utah a while back when I had a fishing trip. Had a couple of months to plan, though.

Unfortunately, not enough time to get another permit. I'm glad I did my homework. Just lost a little respect for SC.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Remember your best weapon is between your ears. A coin sap is also kind of handy.

I know, it feels naked, but sometimes the trip is just worth it.

coin sap if you're interested. I intend to pick one up for my next trip to Europe.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Correct SC is a no go for us Hoosiers. (Actually I am a Boilermaker but you get the drift.) check the laws but I believe that a loaded handgun in the car is OK and a person should be able to take it into the hotel. Otherwise invest in a good flashlight, pay attention and enjoy the trip. I am all about carrying everywhere but that is not always possible. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    its always possible. Not always legal...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel your pain. Wife's dream vacation every year is to our polite neighbors to the north. (Canada) *sigh*

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Remember your best weapon is between your ears. A coin sap is also kind of handy.

I know, it feels naked, but sometimes the trip is just worth it.

coin sap if you're interested. I intend to pick one up for my next trip to Europe.

Used coins in the rolled tie on my Navy dress whites.
    But, that tie seems to not be in fashion at the moment. :)
    s-l1000.jpg

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

This is correct or at least as a couple of years ago! The Myrtle Beach Police are so OK with it that when my we left the rental property my wife left a 40 cal. mag. fully loaded in the night stand. The cleaning crew found it and called the police. The police called me to discuss it. I thought to myself Oh boy here we go.......... They had called to asked me to confirm my address so they could return the magazine, AT THEIR EXPENSE!!!! They even apologized that they couldn't ship the ammo but said if I was returning in a reasonable amount of time they'd hold it for me! Unreal.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    One of my buddies recently moved down there and I found out about their laws when I was planning to visit. I haven't gone yet, but I know the feeling when you learn how they are. He says they are very gun friendly down there and they just need to push for a law change but who knows.

Top Bottom