• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I need a jtility trailer, with ramps, big enough to haul a 60" cut, Scag mower. Best brands, local dealers, etc. Just moved to a small farm so I know I will have many uses for it. Help INGO!

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Schwartz builds quality, but are far from the cheapest place.

What's the max weight you anticipate hauling? If 3000# or less, a 6x12 single axle is all you need. If hauling a tractor will ever happen, minimum you want is 7x16 7000# with brakes.
    Imo best brand out there is corn pro.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I second craigs list.

We bought one from Lowes, 6x10 single axle no brakes to haul our hustler 48" ztr, does a great job at it. But it is cheap, it shows but it works.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To me, the question is: how much am I going to use this? If it's every day, I spend more and buy something heavier duty with brakes. If its a few times a year, I maybe shop price and buy from a big box store.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have had to much junk in my life, everything I do and buy is top of the line as it cost me much more to do it twice or halfway.

I would have no less then a 3500lbs axle and it would be well constructed with sealed wiring and LED lights.

My next small trailer will have a strait tongue vs the V as what a standard trailer has as this allows you to turn the trailer extremely short and allows much easier storage as well as easier to walk over the tongue.

Buy one for life, use diaelectrical grease on electrical connectors, grease the hubs with the easy lube grease zerks, and use a water sealant on the wood and you will be able to pass it down to your child.

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Wow, thanks for all the great advice. Will be haulin a mower mostly, light stuff, hay, manure, etc. Not sure what I will get but I also tend to buy once, cry once.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I think if I had to take delivery of one and had no time to have one built I would go with a Big Tex as they are the most complete good to go utility trailers out there, slightly over built and probably a little more money but I am ok with it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom