• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    ...because he didn't want to go to church. No one was hurt. Faking a fever is one thing, but taking dad's car for a joyride... :lmfao:

PLAIN CITY, Utah Police in Utah say a 7-year-old boy led officers on a car chase in an effort to avoid going to church.

Dispatchers received reports of a child driving recklessly on Sunday morning. Weber County Sheriff's Capt. Klint Anderson says one witness said the boy drove through a stop sign.

Anderson says two deputies caught up with the boy and tried unsuccessfully to stop the Dodge Intrepid in an area about 45 miles north of Salt Lake City. The car reached 40 mph before the boy stopped in a driveway and ran inside a home.

Anderson says when the boy's father later confronted him, the boy said he didn't want to go to church. The boy is too young to prosecute and no citations were issued, although police did urge the father to make his car keys more inaccessible to children.

YouTube - Seven-Year-Old Utah Boy Makes His Getaway From Church II

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Wow, now that was some impressive driving for a seven year old.

Oh dad better be getting a handle on the kid though.

Taking the family car and running from the law at seven would rate
    right up there near my limit as a parent.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, that kid's driving skills were very impressive.

On that note, I see eye to eye with ol' Bill here...

My one and only is just 4 right now, so I have not needed to discipline him with anything more than a good scolding(when Daddy raises his voice, he knows Daddy means business), but when that day comes...Uh, yeah.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    for as young as he was he can drive pretty dang good, I wonder what racing games he's been playing to learn like that?

If I were that dad I'd be working real hard to get control of that boy, he definitely needs to start handing out some major discipline, especially for a stunt like that. Otherwise who knows? We may be seeing this same boy in a video on "Worlds Scariest Police Chases" in the future after he steals a car.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    for as young as he was he can drive pretty dang good, I wonder what racing games he's been playing to learn like that?

If I were that dad I'd be working real hard to get control of that boy, he definitely needs to start handing out some major discipline, especially for a stunt like that. Otherwise who knows? We may be seeing this same boy in a video on "Worlds Scariest Police Chases" in the future after he steals a car.
    I remember seeing a video of another kid driving (much older) down the interstate and the cops trying the P.I.T. maneuver twice, and he recovered. Found it...I remember the driver saying he played Gran Tourismo and such.

YouTube - Police Chase

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Nice driving. I really liked the foot bail at the end... that little dude can move! Probably been watching some Hot Pursuit or World's Wildest Police videos.

If I'd done that, I don't think I'd be able to sit yet.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I don't think I'd have to worry about him driving again until he was about 27 or so.

See... to drive, most people have to sit down....

EXACTLY.....

My one and only is just 4 right now, so I have not needed to discipline him with anything more than a good scolding(when Daddy raises his voice, he knows Daddy means business), but when that day comes...Uh, yeah

That's such crap. Why does it work like that. I can tell my daughter to do something a MILLION times and she wont, if her father tells her...she is ON IT.
    Stupid men and their scarey(ness).

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    EXACTLY.....

That's such crap. Why does it work like that. I can tell my daughter to do something a MILLION times and she wont, if her father tells her...she is ON IT.
    Stupid men and their scarey(ness).

Yeah, mom isn't too happy about that either...It really gets under her skin when she will be yelling at him for 5 minutes to do something, she will look at me and say "Dad, are you going to say anything?" Not even looking over I'll snap my fingers and point and he gets up and does what he's told.:laugh:

Top Bottom