22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Classifier:

BWFRAME: Single Stack

Time: 20.77
    Hit Factor: 5.44

Results: 54.26% = C

I shot a C in Limited, , my 2nd this year.
    Just need a few more to make it official.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Another good match at South Central. A beautiful day.

Apparently, some kitchen passes weren't issued as a number of familiar faces weren't there.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Best and worst match ever, lol. I had comedy gold on stage 5.

Are you ready?
    Stand by...
    beep...

I draw, pull the trigger and the mag hits the ground. Slap another in, get sight picture, CLICK! Rack...bang bang curse curse bang bang, curse curse miss a steel.... curse curse

Lesson learned, really make sure and check equipment... don't assume the mag is seated and watch the round chamber.
    I also learned this the hard way when I first started shooting USPSA. Since then, I make it a point to give my mag a tug and run my finger over the loaded chamber indicator (dunno if this applies to a GLOCK :D) after I load and make ready.

Wish I could have been there today... decided to stay here and do work instead. The weather couldn't have been better!

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    First was lighter power factor, using "The Deaner" .40 Limited load. MUCH better than factory loads, not snappy at all.

Second, Matthew had noticed and corrected an issue with my grip and this made a HUGE difference for me today. Kept the muzzle from flipping and brought me back on target.

Thanks JT, I'm glad that load is working out for you. And I'm glad that your "new" grip position is working out too.

I wish I could have made it to the match today... I had to work on a house I'm getting ready to sell instead. My wife wasn't too happy with the idea of me attending the match when we have so much work to do on the house.

I'm looking forward to the SS/production match next weekend.... I will be able to attend that one...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I gotta agree with JT on the match. Beautiful day, interesting stages, but I just wasn't there. I had practiced on Friday and felt that it would impact my shooting. In some ways I shot better, but in a lot of other ways I shot like crap. Overall it was fun and we had a great RO and a great squad. Good times!

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    We've all done it Burl. It's a breakdown on one stage. You don't have them often.:):

It can be ugly when the wheels come off.:D I've had some real stinkers.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I would have done all right if I could have had all of the Mikes and malfunctions on the same stage.
    I spread them evenly through the entire match just to make sure there were no bright spots

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I wish now I would have reshot (for no score) stage 3. I got kinda boogled up going to the last port. For some reason I went to the port first instead of shooting the two targets in front of me on the way to the port. That had to cost me a couple seconds.

I had the opportunity to reshoot it but declined.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had the opportunity to reshoot it but declined.

What kind of cut throat competitor are you anyway?:)

While scoring my mucked up stage 4 with two no shoots, I volunteered the overlooked fact that I had failed to do a mandatory reload. :)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    What kind of cut throat competitor are you anyway?:)

The cut throat kind.:dunno:

The kind that saves up AMERC brass and drops it in your range bag while you're shooting.The kind that super glues the zipper closed on your range bag. The kind that gives cut throats a bad name.:D

I just should have stayed and reshot that stage for the experience and to do it right.;)

Top Bottom