• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Everyone shoots this sport for different reasons. Some like the process of breaking down stages and strategies as much as the actual shooting. Some just want to run around and shoot as fast as possible. Both and even other reasons are all fine and fun.
    I don't see where 15 rounds really helps much as it only saves 1 reload during a basic 32 round stage. It also turns the first part of the stage into Virginia count with no extra rounds. It would make it better for extra rounds on steel and makeup shots at every position but then you have not saved any reloads and if you need those extra shots then you are probably screwed anyway with minor scoring the added time to make those shots. :stickpoke:

As for CO going to 15 rounds I don't think we should screw up the most popular division by changing the rules after everyone has spent money on magazines and base pads. Didn't a bunch of people online complain about USPSA always changing the rules? Here we are changing Production to 15 and some wanting CO to go to 15 now.
    I have complained about the changing rules many times and wish they would leave stuff alone.:twocents:

The comment about hiding in a small division. Why do I have to switch divisions to let you kick my ass or visa versa?
    I shoot what I want and have been the only Revolver shooter at many matches and while I wish more shot Revolver I do it because I like a challenge not to win. In fact I have shot many major matches with high entry fees and motels and travel expenses and food cost to shoot a division that wasn't even recognized because of not enough shooters. Expensive practice but still enjoyed shooting the stages and meeting new friends.
    BTW I'll be hiding in Revolver division if you want some.:lmfao:
    I don't know... CO and LO are awfully similar. I don't see much point in 2 optic divisions where the effective difference is SA and a mag well. CO is by definition a gun off the production list with a slide ride optic. It would just make sense that it's production with a slide ride. Those with hard feelings can just move to LO with the same mags.

Most new/casual shooters don't know the difference. I saw a quite a few CO guns with mag wells in the CO division.

Fun to talk about. I am ready for warmer weather.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Good!
    Since the folks who don't shoot production changed the nature of the division, apparently because that is the way they do things in France, I've got a great excuse not to pay dues anymore and to let my r.o. certification expire.
    There is always a silver lining if you look close enough.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Good!
    Since the folks who don't shoot production changed the nature of the division, apparently because that is the way they do things in France, I've got a great excuse not to pay dues anymore and to let my r.o. certification expire.
    There is always a silver lining if you look close enough.
    Lol, if I let uspsa changes bother me I would have quit 20 years ago.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    .40s never blew up making major in a supported chamber. I think you may be confusing it with 9mm trying to make major originally before they lowered the threshold and developed better powders. Oh and .40 is still and always has been scored as major in limited and limited 10 as long as it made the correct pf.

I was thinking about .40s blowing in unsupported chambers like Glocks. Race guns with supported chambers were fine—which is probably why they still allowed major .40 in Open.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I don't know... CO and LO are awfully similar. I don't see much point in 2 optic divisions where the effective difference is SA and a mag well. CO is by definition a gun off the production list with a slide ride optic. It would just make sense that it's production with a slide ride. Those with hard feelings can just move to LO with the same mags.

Most new/casual shooters don't know the difference. I saw a quite a few CO guns with mag wells in the CO division.

Fun to talk about. I am ready for warmer weather.
    YES see a lot of Legions with the magwell in CO. If 140 mags are OK for CO should be the same for Production!!!!! Only thing different is the Optic. My 2 cents

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    My membership lapsed 12/1

I decided around July or August that I'm not renewing

You may see me at locals, I haven't decided yet. It sure is nice not having to be "somewhere" every weekend

I may shoot production again if I do or shoot limited minor
    It ain't a job. Hopefully we see you again sometime. I know you miss my sunny personality.

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway

You may see me at locals, I haven't decided yet. It sure is nice not having to be "somewhere" every weekend

I think 15-round Production is the incentive you need to come back lean & mean in 2024. And bring your brother with you.:):

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

I don't renew either. Things remain interesting though. If USPSA is trying to beat IDPA in the convoluted divisions race, they are doing a good job.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Can't hardly ever remember seeing you or your brother at a match that you weren't working. Thanks. Your work has allowed a lot of us to shoot a lot of fun matches.

Now that production self identifies as limited minor you could just show up and shoot what you want I guess.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Both USPSA and IDPA need to attract the competitor for financial livelihood. Unreasonable PRACTICAL and DEFENSIVE stages is what sells in these two Associations.

If, the round count and stages were closer to my StreetWise series, many of the divisions could be eliminated as equipment won’t matter except Pistol and Revolver.

Close targets and low round count and get a beep, get a score can make all guns competitive by smart stage design.

Now, this won’t sell as there are very few that find this challenge fun. But, it is down to earth. Small squad sizes too.

While no sanctions and catchy acronyms, StreetWise offers low entry fees, extreme pressure, shoot and scoot, professional scoring, variable targets, and a pass or fail skill set test.

There are no BOD or high paid administrative wages or Bible Thick rules for range lawyers to squabble over.

Now I enjoy shooting USPSA and IDPA and will keep my low number life memberships, however, StreetWise Stages are where I do most of my shooting.

Stages are small, challenging, fast to set up, and only take up a few bays, sometimes only 1. Many matches require less than 50 rounds to complete.

There are no sight pictures so have your dot on when you sign in. There are no erector set holsters allowed. IWB is ok as everything must be close to your body.

As one principled shooter in an ocean of race guns and stages that resemble murder, I get more for less out of my StreetWise series.

Matches are sometimes gun specific as well, so don’t count on big squads. We just don’t need them to pay the bills.

I am working on my own target design and looking for a supplier this year.

The shooting community owes a lot to USPSA/IDPA and I hope they can stay prosperous.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Both USPSA and IDPA need to attract the competitor for financial livelihood. Unreasonable PRACTICAL and DEFENSIVE stages is what sells in these two Associations.

If, the round count and stages were closer to my StreetWise series, many of the divisions could be eliminated as equipment won’t matter except Pistol and Revolver.

Close targets and low round count and get a beep, get a score can make all guns competitive by smart stage design.

Now, this won’t sell as there are very few that find this challenge fun. But, it is down to earth. Small squad sizes too.

While no sanctions and catchy acronyms, StreetWise offers low entry fees, extreme pressure, shoot and scoot, professional scoring, variable targets, and a pass or fail skill set test.

There are no BOD or high paid administrative wages or Bible Thick rules for range lawyers to squabble over.

Now I enjoy shooting USPSA and IDPA and will keep my low number life memberships, however, StreetWise Stages are where I do most of my shooting.

Stages are small, challenging, fast to set up, and only take up a few bays, sometimes only 1. Many matches require less than 50 rounds to complete.

There are no sight pictures so have your dot on when you sign in. There are no erector set holsters allowed. IWB is ok as everything must be close to your body.

As one principled shooter in an ocean of race guns and stages that resemble murder, I get more for less out of my StreetWise series.

Matches are sometimes gun specific as well, so don’t count on big squads. We just don’t need them to pay the bills.

The shooting community owes a lot to USPSA/IDPA and I hope they can stay prosperous.
    And where do you have these matches? I must have missed the memo.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

So basically it’s a low round count CCW match which has been done by Coach for years before his untimely passing!

Top Bottom