• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If they remove enough directors maybe they’ll get the yes men they’re looking for!…either That or run out of people who want the be on the board!

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Are there any Indiana clubs that are withholding activity fees? Switching to PCSL or outlaw matches? I haven’t been very active in a few years but I’d like to get back in the groove this coming season, but not interested in shooting sanctioned matches if they are remitting activity fees.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Are there any Indiana clubs that are withholding activity fees? Switching to PCSL or outlaw matches? I haven’t been very active in a few years but I’d like to get back in the groove this coming season, but not interested in shooting sanctioned matches if they are remitting activity fees.
    Wildcat by Lafayette has had some pcsl but seems to be rough getting it off the ground. I don’t see why you would care about the fees remitted unless there’s a discount. Most likely if any IN clubs start hit factor outlaw matches they will cost the same and the money stays with that club.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I’m not concerned about the cost of the match, I care where my money is going. I’d much rather support local clubs than support the uspsa organization.
    For a typical club match you contribute $1.50 to USPSA.
    I say this because there's not much difference between supporting USPSA or your local club.

Your bigger impact would be to not join USPSA which was never a requirement.

To my knowledge none of us are withholding fees. I speak for ACC and I know Wildcat already stated the same. USPSA is not without it's problems, but no plans to burn it down locally. I have stated that I believe it's mostly about the clubs and I would like to keep that alive.

Last edited:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I let my membership lapse years ago and I’ll never rejoin. I don’t intend to ever shoot another nationals or area matches and maintaining classifications doesn’t mean much to me anymore so there is zero benefit to membership for me anyways. I don’t wish to ever give another penny to uspsa, but I’ve always loved practical shooting, so I’m curious what other options exist at the localish level.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I let my membership lapse years ago and I’ll never rejoin. I don’t intend to ever shoot another nationals or area matches and maintaining classifications doesn’t mean much to me anymore so there is zero benefit to membership for me anyways. I don’t wish to ever give another penny to uspsa, but I’ve always loved practical shooting, so I’m curious what other options exist at the localish level.
    IDPA

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Let me know what you find. I shoot all the games.
    Yo Longbeard, when are the USPSA matches at ACC starting up? I've been shooting IDPA for a few years just because of local availability. I'm in warsaw, seems if I'm willing to drive an hour and a half, I can catch a local IDPA match every single weekend when the weather's right, but doesn't seem that way with USPSA, I can't seem to ever find a match, I catch maybe 1 a year.

I'm a big Stoeger fan just because of his training materials but I've always applied it to IDPA(the cover garment isn't a big deal fellas. Dry fire until it's not a factor.) Ironically, his feud with the board has me wanting to try USPSA, for real though, not just casually shoot a match, game plan a whole season of it

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Yo Longbeard, when are the USPSA matches at ACC starting up? I've been shooting IDPA for a few years just because of local availability. I'm in warsaw, seems if I'm willing to drive an hour and a half, I can catch a local IDPA match every single weekend when the weather's right, but doesn't seem that way with USPSA, I can't seem to ever find a match, I catch maybe 1 a year.

I'm a big Stoeger fan just because of his training materials but I've always applied it to IDPA(the cover garment isn't a big deal fellas. Dry fire until it's not a factor.) Ironically, his feud with the board has me wanting to try USPSA, for real though, not just casually shoot a match, game plan a whole season of it
    March is always a possibility, but typically April through September on the 4th Sunday. They will be on Practiscore before spring.

Top Bottom