USPSA at Niles, things I've learned.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    So I shot my second match at Niles today and had a few take aways. You can be be the fastest guy there but if you don't hit anything, what's the pont. The white dividing the target doesn't mean choose whichever is easiest to hit.... You have to put two in the top AND bottom. The sound of the timer automatically erases any pre-planning. If your buddy tells you the round count is 150-200 bring 500... there might be a few misses or twenty. Don't think you have improved over last fall because you have a long way to go... guys there are way better than you. Have fun, ask questions and follow suggestions...my idea is not probably bad,it is. Bring enough water to last for four or five hours. Don't just assume because you powder coated your bullets blue, nobody else did. Expect an FTE or two because you lost your situational awareness, and the sound of the timer erases your planning. Going to Atlanta next and see if I can make a mockery of the shooting sports there too. Seriously though, had a lot of help,and coaching from the vets and it was well received by me. It is an addicting game and I hope to one day here the 2 alpha yell when they score my targets instead of delta mike.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    So I shot my second match at Niles today and had a few take aways. You can be be the fastest guy there but if you don't hit anything, what's the pont. The white dividing the target doesn't mean choose whichever is easiest to hit.... You have to put two in the top AND bottom. The sound of the timer automatically erases any pre-planning. If your buddy tells you the round count is 150-200 bring 500... there might be a few misses or twenty. Don't think you have improved over last fall because you have a long way to go... guys there are way better than you. Have fun, ask questions and follow suggestions...my idea is not probably bad,it is. Bring enough water to last for four or five hours. Don't just assume because you powder coated your bullets blue, nobody else did. Expect an FTE or two because you lost your situational awareness, and the sound of the timer erases your planning. Going to Atlanta next and see if I can make a mockery of the shooting sports there too. Seriously though, had a lot of help,and coaching from the vets and it was well received by me. It is an addicting game and I hope to one day here the 2 alpha yell when they score my targets instead of delta mike.
    Delta Mike!!! Must be shooting a GLOCK

Top Bottom