• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    the worst part about this is, services liek amazon or the doordash/uber people have less accountability and often do a much worse job than USPS did. ever since amazon started doing their own delivery service in fort wayne, packages have just been left in yards, behind bushes, anywhere they land, ring doorbell busts them all the time

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    As under financed and broken this government backed service is, the USPS provides service to citizens the best it can. Postal employees are subject to dog bites, harassment, injury and death in serving the public. Not to mention blocked mailboxes by cars and weather etc.

Postal employees witness the good, bad and ugly of humanity every day. In a world where our young strive to increase the amount of followers they have on Social Media instead of the toe to toe relationship building skills they should be working on, the disconnect and the “the world owes me” attitude takes people (services like police, driving, and the USPS) for granted. To this degree, there is no respect.

When was the last time you remembered your carrier at Christmas or even know your Postmasters name? It’s quite obvious that they know a lot about you.

From this seat, I see some public not worthy of ANY of our services and it appears no one’s been paying attention to each other.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    As under financed and broken this government backed service is, the USPS provides service to citizens the best it can. Postal employees are subject to dog bites, harassment, injury and death in serving the public. Not to mention blocked mailboxes by cars and weather etc.

Postal employees witness the good, bad and ugly of humanity every day. In a world where our young strive to increase the amount of followers they have on Social Media instead of the toe to toe relationship building skills they should be working on, the disconnect and the “the world owes me” attitude takes people (services like police, driving, and the USPS) for granted. To this degree, there is no respect.

When was the last time you remembered your carrier at Christmas or even know your Postmasters name? It’s quite obvious that they know a lot about you.

From this seat, I see some public not worthy of ANY of our services and it appears no one’s been paying attention to each other.
    They ,may be providing a service, but it is woefully lacking what postal service used to be.
    My house is on an "abandoned" route. I asked, and was told that my route has no regular carrier. It is covered by whomever has enough time left to cover it after finishing their primary route.
    I literally get mail about 3-4 days a week.
    I have put outgoing mail on my box and it has sat for as much as three days before being picked up.
    I know, blame it on Covid19...or Trump, hell it's probably George W. Bush's fault.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    My old mail carrier, Tim, was great. Cared about his job. He was always remembered on holidays and even his birthday a couple times. Since he was moved from our route we get someone different every day it seems. And they all suck. Is there really a good reason to smash my mail into the back of the box? I will say though that one girl is just cute as a button.......

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We know our carrier by name and she knows us, our dogs and which one of the 30+ chickens is the only one to watch out for. She gets gift certificates and or cookies at Christmas time from us. My wife's income depends on USPS and the vast majority of the time they do a good job.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    They ,may be providing a service, but it is woefully lacking what postal service used to be.
    My house is on an "abandoned" route. I asked, and was told that my route has no regular carrier. It is covered by whomever has enough time left to cover it after finishing their primary route.
    I literally get mail about 3-4 days a week.
    I have put outgoing mail on my box and it has sat for as much as three days before being picked up.
    I know, blame it on Covid19...or Trump, hell it's probably George W. Bush's fault.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Sorry about your disservice. You are right to blame our Govt for the USPS shortcomings. However, they just don’t throw darts to decide who gets left out. Sounds like your carrier problems are reactive. What would make your neighborhood one to be avoided?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My old mail carrier, Tim, was great. Cared about his job. He was always remembered on holidays and even his birthday a couple times. Since he was moved from our route we get someone different every day it seems. And they all suck. Is there really a good reason to smash my mail into the back of the box? I will say though that one girl is just cute as a button.......
    We lost our old mail carrier a few years ago. She retired after 25 years. Our new carrier had his problems at the start no doubt learning the job. Since then he has been great and I've even complimented his work to our postmaster several times. If something doesn't fit the mailbox he'll bring it to my porch and put it where it can't get wet just like our past carrier.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    See the quote from the neighbor in the article? "Likewise, I feel compassion for the people that are instigating these things because who knows what's going on." Idiot! People like this are the reason there is so much crime and so many criminals roaming free. The "help all the criminals" liberals vote for similar politicians, with the expected results.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Our mailman retired about 10 years ago. He was great, always put packages that didn't fit the mailbox on the porch under the bench. 3 times he was in my driveway with a flat or dead battery [bad cable which I replaced for him]. He was great.

Now not even sure who it is delivering the mail. He doesn't wave or acknowledge us. Put a Dog sticker on the box to warn others and didn't deliver a package because he was out one day. Fedex, Amazon and UPS never have a problem putting it by the garage out of his reach. Our puppy is very non threatening and I know they can't tell. that. But still a little effort is needed.

Don

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry about your disservice. You are right to blame our Govt for the USPS shortcomings. However, they just don’t throw darts to decide who gets left out. Sounds like your carrier problems are reactive. What would make your neighborhood one to be avoided?
    Not a thing wrong with my neighborhood.
    It's my understanding that Lafayette simply doesn't have the carriers it needs to complete the task.
    It's also not just my neighborhood.
    I live on the north end of town, but my brother has the same issue in his west side neighborhood.
    Neither are even questionable neighborhoods.
    My brother lives just 3 blocks from an elementary school.

I've also heard the same from others in town.
    Seems like they have rolling areas that just don't get service on certain days.

Reactions: Leo

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Not a thing wrong with my neighborhood.
    It's my understanding that Lafayette simply doesn't have the carriers it needs to complete the task.
    It's also not just my neighborhood.
    I live on the north end of town, but my brother has the same issue in his west side neighborhood.
    Neither are even questionable neighborhoods.
    My brother lives just 3 blocks from an elementary school.

I've also heard the same from others in town.
    Seems like they have rolling areas that just don't get service on certain days.
    Have you and some of your neighbors got together for a sit down with your Postmaster?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We had a great postman for several years and we knew him by name and yes we remembered him at Christmas and other times through the year. He retired and since we have had a slew of different people some that can not speak English clearly. We miss at least 1 bill a month always a different one but every month I have to make at least 1 phone call to get a proper amount so I can pay it. Always a different bill. And the lid is always left open on the box rain sleet or shine.

So no, the local PO can kiss a donkeys butt.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Those Grunman mail vans are soft aircraft aluminum... they won't stop much, you could probably puncture one with a lawn dart.

Dont blame the USPS for not sending them into harms way.

Top Bottom