• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    I'm in the process of packing up for our pending move from ND to IN ( Alexandria area). Getting STOKED!!! :rockwoot: I have several plastic grocery bags full of spent 20ga and 12ga hulls. Mostly pick ups from shooting skeet on the farm and hunting. I was going to toss 'em, but figured if anyone wanted them, I could find the space and meet up sometime in the Spring. I do not reload, yet, and if I do it would be rifle/pistol. Just hate to waste them. None of my buddies out here reload shotshells.

Thanks - This site is awesome!
    ND in ND

CLowe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I always save mine ,
    Was going to toss a bunch a few years back , then ran into a buddy that was reloading .
    Gave them to him , he in return loaded me up a few boxes of each for free .
    Karma can be a good thing .

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Save the brass rimmed ones - especially the high brass. Recycle the steel or alum. ones - they are pretty much a one-shot deal. Buy only brass if you have a choice. Welcome to the Hoosier Territory.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Save the brass rimmed ones - especially the high brass. Recycle the steel or alum. ones - they are pretty much a one-shot deal. Buy only brass if you have a choice. Welcome to the Hoosier Territory.

I've reloaded thousands of Remington Gun Club low steel hulls multiple times - most often get at least 4-6 reloads before I even think about tossing them.

For the OP: If you think you'll ever start reloading, you can never have enough hulls.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I've reloaded thousands of Remington Gun Club low steel hulls multiple times - most often get at least 4-6 reloads before I even think about tossing them.

For the OP: If you think you'll ever start reloading, you can never have enough hulls.
    same here.
    kid shoots ata. I load gun clubs a ton for him they are the best. I also load regular federals, but don't get as many out of those before the primer pocket stretches out. AA's are good, but they run different that most others.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Thanks for the input... Just getting things organized for the move - hopefully by March. Been getting rid of stuff to save time and space. Still have things in boxes from when we moved to ND from CA 5 years ago!

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I reload the Federals with paper base wads once or maybe twice then pitch. Any of the Remington hulls, I load until the petals start to split, usually 8 -10 times, for trap.

Dave

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Nodonutz
    Welcome to the Hoosier State
    Alexandria has a nice 4 trap range,and a small rifle/pistol range---Anderson(Fall Creek Valley CC )has a (5) lighted trap range ---a rifle/Pistol range--10yd,25yd,50yd,100yd,and soon a 200yd range,--BP matches,HiPower matches,22 matches,classes in Basic Pistol,Personal Protection in the home,etc etc. ---There are several shooting ranges within 50 miles of Alex.
    I managed a trap range for 15 years,and shot registered trap(semi-retired)----I still have 4,35 gal trash barrels full of once fired AAs(red gold)

tallend

mlockhart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Noblesville IN
    Find a local junior program and donate them. Welcome to Indiana. I've spent a few winters in ND, January is a good time to move out of there. I did enjoy the summers up there but 3 weeks of summer didn't seem long enough!

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Find a local junior program and donate them. Welcome to Indiana. I've spent a few winters in ND, January is a good time to move out of there. I did enjoy the summers up there but 3 weeks of summer didn't seem long enough!
    Great idea ! I'll keep them. A friend in CA reloads for a local skeet club which his grand-daughter belongs to, and he coaches. Leroy is a retired LEO and was a bit of a youtube celeb a couple years back from an old video he made 'back in the day', re: 'assault rifles':
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYK4MNY4m0
    Looking more like Feb-March move, the heart of winter. Moved from CA to ND 5 years and 6 winters ago. The first 2 were HORRID - since then more cold than snow, but stoopid cold last 2 - and loooooong. My biggest concern is for the humid summers I am told you get. We may have a week or 2, at most, of humid days. Most of the time the spring to fall weather isn't too bad.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    As long as the hulls are 1 piece plastic, compression formed with a brass base wrap it really doesn't matter if they are high or low base. You can load a heavy field load in a WW-AA case originally intended for a light skeet load.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I reload the Federals with paper base wads once or maybe twice then pitch. Any of the Remington hulls, I load until the petals start to split, usually 8 -10 times, for trap.

Dave

+1 Good advice given. I would add to go through the reloading data and wad availablity. A lot of the no name discount shells do not have wads or data readily available. I just pitch anything that would be too much trouble to have proper components and data. I have gotten so lazy lately if they are not Remington Gun clubs, STS or Nitro 27's I give them away. One hull, one wad, one powder, one primer. Simple.

Top Bottom