• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    You should have put a disclaimer if you are prone to seizures don't click. I've seen that disclaimer somewhere before. The unfunded liabilities is scary! Not to mention the rest...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Why isn't anyone scared? Is it denial or lack of understanding?

lalalalalalalalalala!!!! :whistle:

I CANT HEAR YOU!! :D

I dont think there is any reason to be scared.
    This is not the end of the world.
    Millions of people live on credit and have debts, they live just fine.
    That sucks but we will get thru this, the market has its ups and downs and cannot just grow up all the time.
    Every country has a huge debt and always had.
    No need to freak out especially if you didnt freak out 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

:twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I dont think there is any reason to be scared.
    This is not the end of the world.
    Millions of people live on credit and have debts, they live just fine.
    That sucks but we will get thru this, the market has its ups and downs and cannot just grow up all the time.
    Every country has a huge debt and always had.
    No need to freak out especially if you didnt freak out 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

But will we come through this as a free country? Will we maintain peace? Will the Entitlement Class rise up and create havoc? How many generations of overtaxed debt slaves will grow up here before any semblance of our forefathers' vision returns to this nation?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It seems to me that non-taxpayers have a lower government debt than taxpayers. It would then follow that all I have to do is stop paying taxes and I will lower my debt load instantly! Yep, all I have to do is stop paying taxes and I will move myself from the "Debt Per Taxpayer" category to the "Debt Per Citizen" category for a net savings of $83,649 instantly!

:D

Last edited:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Why isn't anyone scared? Is it denial or lack of understanding?

"Wow, the debt sounds serious. Maybe we should do someth---oh look! Dancing With the Stars! I, like, totally, LOVE this show! I really hope that blonde loses--I can't stand her outfits. What's the deal with her anyway? And her partner! I'm like 'SHUT UP' No way you're going to wear THAT!"

^^^^THIS IS WHERE WE ARE AND WHY NOTHING WILL BE DONE UNTIL WE'VE ALREADY CROSSED THE RUBICON AND IT'S TOO LATE ANYWAY:xmad:

Some say we've already crossed:dunno:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I like my personnal debt even better since I have $0 of debt.

Why a country cant just do like a do, not spending more than what you actually own.
    I thought it was common sense and even I can do it, and I dont know anything about finance.

:rolleyes:

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, it seems that if you have the power to just make your own money, the temptation becomes too great. That's the principle reason for having real (hard) money. You can't just "print" a bunch of gold whenever you feel like it.

George Washington saw it: "Paper money has had the effect in your state that it will ever have, to ruin commerce, oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

false weights are an abomination...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, it seems that if you have the power to just make your own money, the temptation becomes too great. That's the principle reason for having real (hard) money. You can't just "print" a bunch of gold whenever you feel like it.

George Washington saw it: "Paper money has had the effect in your state that it will ever have, to ruin commerce, oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

false weights are an abomination...

Who said I dont print my own money? :D
    I just dont spend more than I print. ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, in that case, you need any start-up capital? Wait, no, obviously not.

Can I just come over sometime then and help with the wheelbarrelin'?

Sure, you can print your own salary if you dont mind getting paid in small dollar bills because it's all I print. ;)

small-dollar-185x114.jpg

Top Bottom