• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't feel warm or fuzzy when I read 45 US troops (a Company??) were going to this God-forsaken patch of Earth. Same article had where a UN compound got over-run and people killed. Now we got this crazy tilt-rotor thing getting shot up along with our folks and you can bet there ain't a Spectre or a Hawg anywhere to be found. This is the same crap we did in Somalia 20 years ago when we didn't have any kind of air support outside Spec Ops helicopters.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Curious what U.S. citizens we're talking about.

Other than embassy staff family members (we'd expect them to be there and need evacuating) there always seems to be US citizens in every 3rd world hell-hole and we are always having to rescue them. Remember a few years back in Lebanon? These assclowns were complaining that it was an Italian Navy vessel pulled up to the dock to get their dumb arses the hell out of Dodge. Never mind US boats were doing the C2 thing and covering them. I wanted to push them off the dock, but I wasn't there. Egypt! We had idiots in Egypt in Egypt when this crapstorm started over there too. Come on, man! These people need to run on down to the corner store and pick up some situational awareness, or at least a clue.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I didn't feel warm or fuzzy when I read 45 US troops (a Company??) were going to this God-forsaken patch of Earth. Same article had where a UN compound got over-run and people killed. Now we got this crazy tilt-rotor thing getting shot up along with our folks and you can bet there ain't a Spectre or a Hawg anywhere to be found. This is the same crap we did in Somalia 20 years ago when we didn't have any kind of air support outside Spec Ops helicopters.
    45, is a small Platoon ..... Depending on Army, or MARINES !!!!!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I always wonder what the h$&@ we are doing in those places. Is there anything positive to come of it?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    What are we doing there? IIRC we are preventing Christians from retaking their country after the Muslim minority overthrew the government. Yep. Great idea.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    No business of mine if they want to kill each other. Keep all Americans out of there. We're not the only nation on Earth with money or a military. Everyone insults the United States, but who's the first person they come crawling to for help?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When I heard that our military was attacked in a foreign country, I waited for the response from our president. We were attacked! Oh wait, our commander in chief is busy on the 5th fairway, never mind that our troops took fire and were injured! Putting for par is more important.

Purple for those who don't understand.

Top Bottom