• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Now why would they be scared of being on camera if they have nothing to hide

Things can be taken out if context, Admins can armchair quarterback there decisions spilt second decisions and use it against them. People who have no idea how to do police work can (Public Saftey Boards) punish them. How many people on this board would like to be micro managed? Have every move/decision scrutinized?
    Is there abuse? Yes
    Should it be punished? Absolutley
    Would having you A** ridden day in and day out everyday how long would would you last?

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    "cameras can't be forced upon officers without first negotiating with the union." Meaning you give us more of something, Money, overtime, vacations, ect. We will let them use it. What Unions do. :rolleyes:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Isn't it "funny" how the police will tell US we should allow them to disregard OUR Constitutional rights as long as we "have nothing to hide",
    YET when the show is on the other foot, THEY get all upset?

Can you say HYPOCRITE?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Isn't it "funny" how the police will tell US we should allow them to disregard OUR Constitutional rights as long as we "have nothing to hide",

Can you say HYPOCRITE?

You beat me to it! Further, this is a workplace issue, not a rights issue. If they weren't JBTs then they wouldn't have anything to hide, especially considering the incidents mentioned in the article. If I had a vested interest in the incident with the man in diabetic shock being beaten, I will have to take the Fifth on my response.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wouldn't want to wear a camera that was constantly on while I was on duty. There are people on this forum who would be screaming for my job if I inadvertently farted while driving in my patrol car.

That said, it would be one hell of a lot better than the hacked up, agenda driven videos which pop up on the internet (and here) regularly and claim to portray a factual account of events.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wouldn't want to wear a camera that was constantly on while I was on duty. There are people on this forum who would be screaming for my job if I inadvertently farted while driving in my patrol car.

That said, it would be one hell of a lot better than the hacked up, agenda driven videos which pop up on the internet (and here) regularly and claim to portray a factual account of events.

You have raised a valid point. Most of the rest of us feel the same way about the Fourth Amendment largely being reduced to a fond memory.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You have raised a valid point. Most of the rest of us feel the same way about the Fourth Amendment largely being reduced to a fond memory.

How do I feel about the fourth amendment? Why am I automatically lumped in with the opposition on this issue? Did I do something to create an "us vs them" atmosphere in this instance?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Methane gas emissions are regulated by the EPA.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How do I feel about the fourth amendment? Why am I automatically lumped in with the opposition on this issue? Did I do something to create an "us vs them" atmosphere in this instance?

I did not intend to imply that you are actively standing in opposition but rather that given your occupation it is highly unlikely that you will ever be subjected to the same things as the rest of us. I see it in much the same way that I have worked in environments in which I have been the outcast and have had favorites just not understand my frustrations since they never experienced them and on the other hand had to be careful not to fall into the same thing when I have been one of the favorites and have been required to understand those who weren't in order to maintain intellectual honesty about the situation.

No, I did not mean to suggest that you had done anything to warrant personal criticism, but I have noticed a trend for lawmen to simply not have the frame of reference generated by persona experience to truly understand the rest of us.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Things can be taken out if context, Admins can armchair quarterback there decisions spilt second decisions and use it against them. People who have no idea how to do police work can (Public Saftey Boards) punish them. How many people on this board would like to be micro managed? Have every move/decision scrutinized?
    Is there abuse? Yes
    Should it be punished? Absolutley
    Would having you A** ridden day in and day out everyday how long would would you last?

If my job involved protecting peoples rights and could affect their freedoms I would be ok with having my actions recorded.

Like Phylo said at least it would keep these phone videos and such from just showing part of the story.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin

Can you say HYPOCRITE?

+1, good sir. I was thinking just this same thing.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Every government worker everywhere should be on live broadcast while on the job.

What? Fewer people would be willing to work for the government?

I call that win-win.

Top Bottom