• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Statement by Uncle Rudy's (Lengthy, posted in entirety for those without Facebook) :

Uncle Rudy's

To our Valued Customers:
    We have had to make the hard decision to cease business operations at the end of the year. We have looked at all options to keep us going but the market is so fluid right now we felt it best to just close our doors gracefully.
    This has been an extraordinarily difficult past few years. COVID, Supply issues, economic indicators… costs just keep rising and we can’t make the math work. We had hoped we would get a flood of new memberships when we announced our new membership programs, but that didn’t save us either.
    As many of you know, we started this business to serve the public and provide a place to enjoy a safe shooting experience. Unfortunately, sales never got to where we needed them to be in order to be fully sustainable. The short of it is that I have put as much personal funds as I can into this business and unfortunately it is time to cut my losses.
    This is not by any measure a joyous decision, as while we have provided a great service and touched many lives in positive ways, we are failing many of you as well by not being able to continue on. There are multiple new operators coming into the market to enjoy shooting sports, and we wish them all the best.
    Here’s what you need to know as we close out our business operations by 12/31.
    WE HAVE SHORTENED OUR HOURS UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR.
    WEDNESDAY-SATURDAY 10-6
    SUNDAY 12-5
    CLOSED MONDAY AND TUESDAY
    WHAT HAPPENS AFTER 12/31? WILL YOU STILL BE OPEN?
    Officially, our last day of business will be 12/31. We will be closed officially after that date. Rudy will be running limited hours and will post them on our website and facebook and will be available by appointment for any FFL or NFA item pickup until formal transfers to another location are made. We will communicate directly with you on those items.
    WHAT IF I NEED TO REACH YOU BETWEEN NOW AND 12/31, OR AFTER YOUR CLOSE DATE?
    Your best bet to reach us is via email at store@unclerudys.com after our closing date. Be sure to use a subject line relevant to your contact. We have a ton of spam emails that come through and we don’t want to miss your message. Please, be kind and patient as we deal with everyone. See below about membership questions or refund requests.
    WHAT ABOUT MY SUPPRESSOR? WHEN/HOW CAN I GET IT?
    We will be in communication with you directly on your suppressors as we receive your tax stamp. We are working with the ATF now and will keep our FFL open to service all transfers until all Tax Stamp Items are transferred. We do have a few tax stamps we are waiting on customers to pick up. We will be posting a list of current suppressors ready to pick-up on our website (unclerudys.com) at our home page in the coming days, just in case you haven’t received the phone calls or other from us.
    The following are ready for pickup as of 12/13/22:
    First Initial/Last Name first 2 Letters or First 3 Letters of Trust Name:
    J/BO
    TUR
    J/BO
    M/RO
    A/LA
    REG
    OME
    22S
    WHAT ABOUT INCOMING ONLINE TRANSFERS?
    We are ceasing accepting any new FFL transfers from online vendors. Any existing orders you may have already purchased prior to receiving this email are still valid and we will facilitate those transfers. Additionally, we will be happy to do any custom orders with our suppliers until 12/20 to ensure we receive them before we close. Please if shopping online after today, have your FFL item sent to another area FFL after today. As much as we appreciate the business, we don’t want to have any more transfers than necessary after our closed date.
    WHAT ABOUT MY MEMBERSHIP? DO I GET A REFUND?
    This is the hardest thing for us to deal with right now. Many of our members were some of our first clients. We appreciate you more than you can ever know. We are not fully solvent to make good on all of our debts, and unfortunately, we must make sure secured debts are paid first before we can move on to unsecured debts. The law treats prepaid memberships and gift cards as unsecured debts. We are working on a solution that we hope you will appreciate and will announce that as soon as we can. My heart sank when our legal counsel told me this fact. Be patient with us. I am going to do whatever I can to make you whole.
    All monthly memberships have ceased automatic billing after December 5, when we made the internal decision to close. It’s taken us an additional week to get our plan of action on how to handle some of these more difficult decisions. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot, by law, offer a refund for memberships.
    WHAT ABOUT GIFT CARDS OR PUNCH CARDS?
    We ceased selling gift cards and new memberships as soon as we decided to close internally. If you have a gift card, we will honor all gift cards until our closing date. After 12/31 they will no longer be valid or redeemable. We’ve always honored our gift cards with no expiration date, however this is an extraordinary time for us, so for obvious reasons we cannot offer any compensation for gift cards after 12/31. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot, by law, offer cash refunds for gift cards.
    SUMMARY..
    I know you’re going to have questions, and unfortunately we may just not have a good answer for you on the question you have. You can reach out to us at the store email, store@unclerudys.com or you can call us during our limited office hours, Wednesday-Saturday, 10-6, Sunday 12-5 until 12/31.
    Again, thank you for your support over these years. It’s been a pleasure serving all of you. We look forward to the new gun ranges moving into the Evansville market. My father always said, “John, you can lead, follow, or get out of the way”. We’ve been an industry leader in this town since we opened our doors with firearms instruction. Following, unfortunately isn’t economically feasible, so we are going to gracefully get out of the way and make room for the next industry leaders to make their mark here in the Evansville shooting sports community.
    With Gratitude and Humility,
    John Rudolph
    or as my niece and nephews will always call me,
    Uncle Rudy

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I guess I do not understand the driver of the debt? liability Insurance perhaps? Or cost to lease the space? Guess I always figured Ranges Would be like Health Club membership many would buy but not really use.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So I guess I do not understand the driver of the debt? liability Insurance perhaps? Or cost to lease the space? Guess I always figured Ranges Would be like Health Club membership many would buy but not really use.
    Always boils down to cash in =/= cash out.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Seems be a trend. My favorite lgs has stopped selling firearms.. just doing ammo and accessories. I don't see it lasting much longer

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I think they would honor it if you go there before they are closed down.

Correct.

Drove over there after work today, gift card in hand. Backpacks, range bags, cleaning gear, AR accessories, ammo, knives, flashlights, all in stock.... 9mm was already wiped out but they had stacks of .223 so I loaded up.

At least it didn't go to waste.

Attachments

• IMG_2465.jpeg
      IMG_2465.jpeg
      364 KB · Views: 25

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm afraid with the current times the small LGS and ranges are going to have a hard time surviving. The ones in my area seem to be really slow right now.
    That's why I try my best to support my lgs. One of my favorites shut down in 2021. Warpath Guns in Milan.

Now I use 262 Outdoor in Dillsboro, Rusty Buck in Versailles, and Madison Outdoor in Madison.

Reactions: Leo

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'm afraid with the current times the small LGS and ranges are going to have a hard time surviving. The ones in my area seem to be really slow right now.
    We had a LGS well nit local but with in reasonable driving distance, they always had a good selection of 1911’s etc. Went by there recently to find a sign on the door visit on GunBroker.

Guess they don’t need brick and mortar to make it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    That's why I try my best to support my lgs. One of my favorites shut down in 2021. Warpath Guns in Milan.

Now I use 262 Outdoor in Dillsboro, Rusty Buck in Versailles, and Madison Outdoor in Madison.
    I try to as well but hard to beat some of the online deals especially on ammo my local can't beat.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009

Unfortunately madison outdoors will not be selling guns anymore. Just ammo and accessories

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I never understood the whole not selling guns business model. Seems like that would be a major draw. At this time the former Right to Bear Arms, now Full Metal Armory, which has the same range setup is seemingly doing well. Also Lawman Tactical just opened their Guntry Club range, training center and "Man Spa" on Hwy 41. And there is a chain store/range opening on the east side (can't recall the mame). So demand seems to be OK.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I never understood the whole not selling guns business model. Seems like that would be a major draw. At this time the former Right to Bear Arms, now Full Metal Armory, which has the same range setup is seemingly doing well. Also Lawman Tactical just opened their Guntry Club range, training center and "Man Spa" on Hwy 41. And there is a chain store/range opening on the east side (can't recall the mame). So demand seems to be OK.
    I believe the east side company will be Range USA. I haven't been to any of their stores, so I'm not sure how they are ran.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I never understood the whole not selling guns business model.

They probably don't want to have that much money tied up in inventory. I imagine that many guns sit for quite some time on store shelves (especially if those stores can't compete with larger or online locations.) So if they're making money on accessories but not turning over their gun inventory quickly enough, it makes sense.

D ron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Evansville
    I stopped into Lawman yesterday. Seems like the range isn't open yet but the gun store, gym and restaurant are open. I talked to the owner and he said he hopes to have everything open by January. Debating on a membership now.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I've been driving to Sugar Ridge since Rudy's closed... so I'm really missing the range, their transfers, etc.

Might get a range membership... debating. In the meantime, who's good for transfers in Evansville? I'm planning on using Bucks and Jakes... it'll give me an excuse to visit them more often, lol!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've been driving to Sugar Ridge since Rudy's closed... so I'm really missing the range, their transfers, etc.

Might get a range membership... debating. In the meantime, who's good for transfers in Evansville? I'm planning on using Bucks and Jakes... it'll give me an excuse to visit them more often, lol!
    Impoc is good. Also Top Shot which is next to the Bernina sewing store by the old Uncle Rudy's.

Top Bottom