Unable to ship Magazines to South Bend??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I saw this on sportsmansguide.com and was curious why South Bend was singled out and why shipping magazines would not be allowed??

WARNING: Ammo Magazines/Clips cannot be shipped to CA; HI; South Bend, IN; Wichita, KS; MD; NJ; NY; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammo Magazines/Clips.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Old info based on city ordinance making "high capacity" mags illegal. That has since been voided with the more current state law. Looks like they need to be informed that it is now legal.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks, I kinda wondered with the state laws how a local governments could "outlaw" items like this.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It was never passed. It was merely proposed. They have been informed many times, trust me.

I tried to order a Blackhawk plastic demo gun (The kind used for hand to hand training) and the first company I tried said I couldn't have it in my area. I told them that wasn't true, but they said they couldn't ship it. I found one for less somewhere else.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Definately old news. South Bend likes to portray that this "rule" is still in effect. Which it is not, and never has been.

Buttigeig is one of those Mayors for Making Guns Illegal guys...
    Chief Teachman is cut from the same cloth.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just figured it's because South Bend is almost like little Chicago. Sorry you have to deal with the POS politicians up there...

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Old info based on city ordinance making "high capacity" mags illegal. That has since been voided with the more current state law. Looks like they need to be informed that it is now legal.

Oh they have been. I have called about it, was told I would get a call back from a supervisor, and never did. So, I emailed them about it. Around a week later I received a response saying they are aware in the change of law, but they will not change their policy until they receive a letter from the Indiana Attorney General confirming the change in law. This was about two months back, and I just havent gotten around to writing the letter to the Attorney General office.

If anyone wants to write that letter, PM me and I will give you what I have from Sports Man Guide.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oh they have been. I have called about it, was told I would get a call back from a supervisor, and never did. So, I emailed them about it. Around a week later I received a response saying they are aware in the change of law, but they will not change their policy until they receive a letter from the Indiana Attorney General confirming the change in law. This was about two months back, and I just havent gotten around to writing the letter to the Attorney General office.

If anyone wants to write that letter, PM me and I will give you what I have from Sports Man Guide.

Actually it's not the IAG's job to contact them first, they have to make the first initial contact to them for clarification of Indiana law.

Passing the buck, and not looking to try and change their policy because that means they have to have a software code change and that costs them money.

Top Bottom