• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randall Flagg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    The UN is basically saying the US Dollar needs to be replaced with a new international currency.

Here is an excerpt:

New York (CNN) -- The dollar is an unreliable international currency and should be replaced by a more stable system, the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs said in a report released Tuesday.

Rest of the story is below.....

Dollar should be replaced as international standard, U.N. report says - CNN.com

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    What are they going to replace it with?

The EU did this on a small(er) scale with the Euro and look what happened there.

No fiat currency will be reliable or stustainable. The only thing a world currency would do is ensure mutual economic destruction for the entire planet. What a great idea.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    What are they going to replace it with?

First will come the collapse of the dollar. (painful, but necessary to the plan)
    Then we will be forced to accept a North American Union to make USA, Canada and Mexico in essence one country.

Then, to answer your question, the Amero will be rolled out to save us all and we will be one giant leap closer to the dream of a New World Order.

The line forms on the right to get your microchip implant......

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm guessing that deep in the bowels of our current administration contingency plans have already been laid out. We must bow to world opinion to make up for our past transgressions. . . . .Saving Europe in WWI, Saving Europe in WWII, preventing a Russian invasion of Europe during the cold war era, billions of dollars in foreign aid, countless lives lost fighting for people who didn't want or need to fight for themselves. . . . . . . . . .Anybody care to make a list of all of our "transgressions"?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    The UN is basically saying the US Dollar needs to be replaced with a new international currency.

No, that's not what this says at all.

What it's saying is that the dollar is not sufficiently stable to be the world reserve currency, and so international transactions should use something else as a store of value besides the US dollar.

It says nothing about replacing the dollar with an "international" currency. Please loosen the tinfoil and read the article to which you linked.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have to agree with downzero on this one thanks for pointing that out. It is talking about creating an international currency that is backed by currencies from multiple countries. It is not talking about the US replacing the dollar in this article however I do see that as something the government will try to push in the future; it would be a bad idea.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Not too familiar with the IMF but yes the UN is crap and we should get out.

I agree about the UN but this is just a report issued by the UN based on economic analysis from the IMF. I'm all for criticism of the UN any time it is warranted, but at least read the article and get the facts first!!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    In other news, the Bombelli Group, a highly-regarded non-partisan think tank and research organization, recommends the US withdraw from the UN over this report.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes, we need to withdraw from the UN and the IMF.

I have no interest funding foreign currency under the table. If they need liquid assets, let them sell bonds. If their credit rating is so terrible that they pay outrageous interest rates, oh well. Daddy needs to make bank in his 401k so he doesn't have to work forever.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    First will come the collapse of the dollar. (painful, but necessary to the plan)
    Then we will be forced to accept a North American Union to make USA, Canada and Mexico in essence one country.

Then, to answer your question, the Amero will be rolled out to save us all and we will be one giant leap closer to the dream of a New World Order.

This is what I have heard

Randall Flagg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    No, that's not what this says at all.

What it's saying is that the dollar is not sufficiently stable to be the world reserve currency, and so international transactions should use something else as a store of value besides the US dollar.

It says nothing about replacing the dollar with an "international" currency. Please loosen the tinfoil and read the article to which you linked.

Really? so you dont see china and russia's buying in of SDR's to be a problem or perhaps a prelude to a international currency?

thompbarn

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Jun 9, 2010

The collapse of the dollar and the introduction of a world currency are part of the predictions of the book "Aftershock". In part, the book claims that currency bubbles would not exist if there was a unified world currency, and that radical economic changes will result from a deep depression when the dollar and our national debt bubble collapse (i.e., failed bond auctions, leading to panic, falling values of all assets, etc.).

I don't know how it will all happen, but part of me says an economic collapse will have to happen to reign in the reach of the federal government. Only when it becomes abundantly clear that the federal government cannot support a huge chunk of nonproductive population will they stop trying to do it. Maybe a collapse is the fastest way back to the US that we used to know.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Really? so you dont see china and russia's buying in of SDR's to be a problem or perhaps a prelude to a international currency?

No, I don't.

Our Constitution gives the power to coin money and determine its value to Congress. And while the Constitution can be amended, there certainly won't ever be support for an "international" currency.

I'm also laughing a bit on the inside when people say we should "withdraw" from the IMF, especially because if if the IMF has done anything, they have demanded, successfully, that many countries open their markets.

Top Bottom