• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrythegamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Winchester,IN
    My question is have you ever used Ultramax ammo I bought 2 boxes from Dunham's and upon opening the box found that the ammo had different head stamps there for its reloaded ammo i know people say never use reloads but what if they are reloaded by a company is that acceptable and shouldn't the box state that it reloaded

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I used Ultra-max .223 a few years ago when you could buy 150rds for $29.99 at Dicks. I probably shot over 500 rds. of it. I've never had any issues shooting it out of my Rock River Ar15. You Do have mixed headstamps but they fed just fine for me. But that was a few years ago.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I've fired a bunch of it in .357 Sig. Never had a problem. I've even gotten mixed brass & nickel cases in a box of their ammo.
    It all has fired fine and hit where the gun was pointed even if it wasn't exactly where I thought I was aiming.
    That's a marksmanship joke, I know good muzzle discipline and practice it at the range and anywhere else religiously.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It's pretty widely known that Ultra-max is re-manufactured ammo. I'm pretty sure all of my boxes are marked as such but I could be mistaken. Either way, it's good ammo from a reputable company. The "don't shoot reloaded ammo" thing is more-so a precaution against shooting reloads from unknown or unreliable sources. Reloads from a company like Ultra-max are reliable and you have somewhere to fall back to if something does go wrong.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Most of Ultramax ammo is remanufactured. I have bought some of their pistol ammo that was pretty obvious they used new starline brass. The .223 that I have used was mixed headstamp, but still very acceptable in accuracy and performance.

As countryboy stated, the "no reloads" rule is more of a dont shoot ammo of questionable origins. While a company like Ultramax probably maunfatures ammo in a similar fashion to the big ammo companies, the concern that most are worried about is Billy Joe Bob filling a case with whatever powder he has lying around, stuffing a bullet in it, and selling it to the first unsuspecting boob that comes along.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I tried a box of the "match grade" in .357 magnum and it was reliable but not particularly accurate. CCI Blazer Brass is cheaper, and in my experience, groups at less than half the size of the Ultramax.

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I just bought some 9mm while on vacation out of state. They had a ton of it, and since 9mm seems to be pretty scarce lately I'll give it a try. Anyone have experience with their 9mm? I have found Blazer, Win, Speer, etc.

Top Bottom