• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Brits are demanding a Police State instead of demanding a change in their gun control laws. Riots in London have left shopkeepers and residents defenseless against invaders. They accuse the police of inaction... but very soon they will be getting more police action than they can imagine.

London riots 2011: Where were police? Shopkeepers mystified as they're left defenceless | Mail Online

article-0-0D5B73FE00000578-348_634x396.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There are just so many obvious statements in that story. Duh! It's sad to see people reduced to an ass scratching crowd of by standers crying for their own rescue, while the "rescuers" stand by scratching their asses. In a few days, when the reality settles in on everyone, it should be the law abiding citizens who riot, demanding the means to protect themselves.

But, I'm guessing that won't happen. I've lost any respect for the brits I may have had.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just saw on the news that one of the only storefronts not looted was a book store. Perhaps if the hooligans read a few books, they would have an alternative to rioting to 'express there outrage'.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I guess I got the event wrong. ..I do remember seeing video of stogre owners on the roof tops holding off looters with rifles in hand. Must nont have been Katrina.

Yes sir, what you are remembering is it the riots in the aftermath of the Rodney King verdict. Sttore owners successfully defended their property and lives.

In Katrina, the government goons forcibly removed the guns from the hands of citizens who were trying to protect their homes and neighborhoods in the aftermath of the flooding. ie; THE Militia.

Heck they even ripped the handgun out of the hand of an elderly woman as they threw her on the floor to subdue her.

Coming soon to a town near you?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    What I'm getting out of this is "Police are unable to stop the rioting because they have been both physically and bureaucratically disarmed. But a group of righteously angry men willing to defend their homes and livelihoods can provide law and order where the Police fail." When everything goes to hell, you better have a plan to save yourself; one that doesn't depend on the police.

Seriously; the only thing that kept some areas of the city safe during the riots were OPPOSING mobs. Don't get me wrong; those Turkish men did exactly what I would have done, and I don't fault them for it.

But when you basically have open war between two large groups of people in your city...at that point, martial law is just about the governments only option, at least if they hope to maintain any semblance of control over the situation.

Not that I necessarily agree with martial law; but I know that, in that situation, I would rather martial law be imposed and things were "handled in an efficiently swift and brutal manner" for awhile than to have to stand guard over my house until the looters got bored and gave up.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I feel no pity or remorse for the Peoples of London, nor the entire UK.
    They have allowed what happened to them.
    They have continually supported the stripping of their Rights.
    They have been a Police State for Decades...

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have to agree with Jeremy on this one.

"I'll let the government protect me, and provide for me, it'll be so much easier."

"OH NO WHERE IS THE GOVERNMENT WHEN I NEED THEM!?"

People have to take responsibility for themselves; and by extension, for their actions. Understandable, there is a large percentage of the population that does not want to do this.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    It really is a terrible situation in London and all across England. Although I am pretty sure that long arms are allowed in England? I talked to an Australian and he told me that although heavily regulated, you could own a shotgun but it must be kept at a gun club or something like that. Maybe England is similar? I can see the point that leaving your home and loved ones in order to get your firearm wouldn't be high on the list of desireable things.

It really is scary when you think how widespread these unrelated instances are becoming... Philly, Wisconsin, England, Greece.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nope. England is totally gun-free. Well, except for the criminals, that is. Oh, and a few units of police. Even their Olympic pistol team has to leave the country to practice.

Sad.

They once ruled the world. The sun never set on the British Empire. Today, they can't even rule themselves, let alone their little island nation.

God help them, because no one else can.

Blessings,
    Bill

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It's a heavy burden to support and look after ones' self. Heavier still when you aren't used to it. Scary 2. Like falling down a well.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep in LA the Korean shopkeepers, many who had served in the ROK Army, just stood their ground and set up on roof tops ready to deal with the hooligans who wanted to shop for free. Not that anybody would want to steal Kimchi, but they were having none of it.

Top Bottom