• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You might have heard that there have been riots in the UK for the past few days. The first 3 days have been met by a surprisingly soft approach by the police. They were ordered to stand by and watch as looters burned the city. Now, as disarmed shopkeepers and residents are crying for help, the Prime Minister is granting the police unchecked power.

Economic problems can easily be used to create a veritable Police State.

London riots: Police were soft on looters because they were 'ordered to stand and observe'
    Police were ordered to 'stand and observe' rioters as they laid waste to London's streets instead of confronting them, it was claimed today.

Scotland Yard insiders have revealed teams were frustrated at their inability to wade in and arrest troublemakers while they looted and burnt out shops.

They had apparently been told to try and contain any violence but not to haul away offenders who would instead be identified through video footage later, according to The Times.
    Prime Minister: The fightback is under way
    "Whatever tactics the police feel they need to employ, they will have legal backing to do so," he said.
    article-2024412-0D5B46B800000578-848_634x417.jpg

There have also been calls for far more robust measures - including plastic bullets, water cannon and even the Army - to quell the chaos.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I fully support the ....
    Whatever tactics the police feel they need to employ
    with that said, what is good for the goose is good for the gander!

So how about house-to-house sweeps for stolen property...
    ...frisking anyone seen in public...
    ...Army patrolling the streets...
    ...mandatory curfew for all...
    ...rounding up those who speak out...

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Rambone, I think you misunderstood me.... if its OK for the cops (goose), its OK for the general public (gander) to do whatever it takes without consequences from the law to protect themselves from whoever then need protecting from.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Rambone, I think you misunderstood me.... if its OK for the cops (goose), its OK for the general public (gander) to do whatever it takes without consequences from the law to protect themselves from whoever then need protecting from.

:D

:+1:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for riots nor for looting and I certainly have zero desire to ever come toe to toe with LEO's but I believe fully that I should be able to defend my property against illegal invasions without fear of legal repercussions regardless of who the invader may be.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

I don't think the measures that are likely to be employed will even apply to private citizens. Specifically, checkpoints, curfews, searches... use of the Army??... etc.

So I can't say that I support a leader who advocates the 'anything goes' approach to Law Enforcement. Its nothing short of frightening coming from the Prime Minister.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Wouldn't take much. There is no punishment for these rioters; they get free stuff and they get to smash stuff and have a good time, and they won't get arrested. At least, until recently. I think it will be interesting to see how the law enforcement actually employs their free-rein strategy. With no real weapons, its going to be interesting.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Terrible. I've got a feeling these punks would start behaving themselves a little better if they knew that there were potentially lethal consequences for their behavior.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Terrible. I've got a feeling these punks would start behaving themselves a little better if they knew that there were potentially lethal consequences for their behavior.

I think that would also tend to cause the authorities to stop it faster. They would know that a few days of this type of violence would cause property owners to start killing looters.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I think that would also tend to cause the authorities to stop it faster. They would know that a few days of this type of violence would cause property owners to start killing looters.

heh, I'm pretty sure a few HOURS of this here (In Indiana) would cause property owners to start dealing rightfully with looters...

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I don't care what my grievance with the Govt, I would have a real problem with destroying privately owned property to make a statement in almost any situation.

There could be exceptions of course.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't care what my grievance with the Govt, I would have a real problem with destroying privately owned property to make a statement in almost any situation.

There could be exceptions of course.

Most of them don't have a grievance. They're sh-theads taking advantage of lawlessness to steal, destroy, and murder. About 5000 AKs or ARs in the hands of property owners would put a stop to this crap.

Top Bottom