• ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We do too.
    Recent generations have no clue.

Oh certainly! But we have proven time and time again, that when localized SHTF scenarios occur, an armed populace is a good thing.

Granted in my opinion, they are armed "lightly." Come to my home, and you better bring your lunch! (and no self respecting man would ever wear crocks...)
    Nashville-Flood-Looting.bmp

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here comes restricted speech on the internet

God only knows what else will come in the wake of these riots. They'll probably ban protests, clamp down on twitter/facebook/internet organizing, install more cameras, permanently have soldiers patrolling the streets, move the country further toward an Beast-like control-freak Police State straight out of Orwell's book.
    Well that didn't take long. Prime Minister David Cameron is going to use the power of Big Brother to restrict speech on the internet. Meet with me in a Free Speech Zone if you want to discuss this matter further.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibjYRM7amS0[/ame]

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Rambone,

Have you ever been to the UK?!
    Do you understand how their form of Government works?!

He hasn't been out of his bunker for 14 years, let alone the UK.

I felt color was needed, didn't want Rambone thinking I was insulting him, just elaborating on the jest he gets on occasion.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't really understand the hurt feelings when we discuss our allies stomping on their citizens rights. The same crap every time we bring up Israel too. Cool, I get it... they have no constitution, no boundaries. I guess we should pat them on the back for cutting off their peasants' internet access.

I said the same damn thing when they were censoring internet in Iran and Egypt.

Tyranny is tyranny.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Oh certainly! But we have proven time and time again, that when localized SHTF scenarios occur, an armed populace is a good thing.

Granted in my opinion, they are armed "lightly." Come to my home, and you better bring your lunch! (and no self respecting man would ever wear crocks...)

Thems are fightin' words sir! :draw:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seems like the rioting must have quieted down some. I wonder how much of that was because the right wingers said they were going to put an end to it... coincidence?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't really understand the hurt feelings when we discuss our allies stomping on their citizens rights. The same crap every time we bring up Israel too. Cool, I get it... they have no constitution, no boundaries. I guess we should pat them on the back for cutting off their peasants' internet access.

I said the same damn thing when they were censoring internet in Iran and Egypt.

Tyranny is tyranny.

Oh fer crying out loud. It's not hurt feelings. It's exasperation at your incessant and irrational belief that every last action government takes is for the specific purposes of creating complete slaves.

But while we're on the topic of crybabies, why do you always whine about the fact that other nations don't have the same form of government and then turn around and do nothing but ***** about ours?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seems like the rioting must have quieted down some. I wonder how much of that was because the right wingers said they were going to put an end to it... coincidence?

zero.... until they start knockin people with water cannons, there's no deterrent

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    They are begging for soldiers marching the streets and imposing a curfew. It fits the textbook definition.
    Martial Law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis—usually only temporary—when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread. In most cases, military forces are deployed to quiet the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order.

I'll concede the presence of military used for that purpose fits the technical definition of martial law. But you need to concede that it is not the people clamoring for it specifically, but what they see as the only solution to avoid utter chaos. There's a difference between wanting something and wanting what that something can deliver.

And there's also a difference between what the people want and what the government wants. You've interchanged both parties into your argument as if they are working together to achieve this national apocalypse.

t did occur to me. They have devised and implemented the perfect plan to get the populace to beg for Martial Law. The first step was disarming the peasants.
    Really? It had nothing to do with an irrational attempt to control crime and prevent negative events from occurring while ignoring the fall-out and unintended consequences. It was all just a master plan for the eventual enslavement of every last subject of the crown? Do you ever listen to yourself?

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'd like to remind people that the UK government has been busted for sending cops into crowds dressing as anarchists and starting violence. These types of events are being used to squelch their rights to assemble and protest, as well as strengthen the UK Police State.

UK sends infiltrators into crowds to incite rioting; excuse to ban protests

London may ban Political Protests

First the Brits were unarmed now they are being maneuvered into submission. And the funny part is the population was convinced they were going to be so much safer with guns outlawed. I have absolutely no sympathy for the British people they not only asked for this, they demanded it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Because like the UK, America is also a Entitlement-laden Welfare State, with different gun laws and harsher police. Maybe we can learn something from the SHTF in Britain. Or not.

Really? It had nothing to do with an irrational attempt to control crime and prevent negative events from occurring while ignoring the fall-out and unintended consequences. It was all just a master plan for the eventual enslavement of every last subject of the crown? Do you ever listen to yourself?
    The water is bubbling... the frogs are cooking. Did that happen by accident? Unintended consequences? Is it all the fault of irrational liberals? :dunno: I got sick of believing in coincidency theories. But that's material for another thread.

But while we're on the topic of crybabies, why do you always whine about the fact that other nations don't have the same form of government and then turn around and do nothing but ***** about ours?
    You forgot to ask me how my mom's basement is doing. Since my personal life is such an open book apparently. My political involvement does not validate my opinion of the London riots. Lets not make this personal.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Oh fer crying out loud. It's not hurt feelings. It's exasperation at your incessant and irrational belief that every last action government takes is for the specific purposes of creating complete slaves.

I can tell you for certain our government is not looking out for the People. It is looking out for itself. A government always looking to preserve itself will grow and an out of control, growing government does turn people into tax slaves. Let's not forget that UK disarmed their people. Why don't they want their citizens armed and ready to defend the UK? Why is our government trying to ban assault weapons and ultimately disarm us? Why doesn't our government want us armed, ready to defend the US? An honest, good government would not seek to disarm and bury it's citizens in tax debt.

I don't hear him whining about other nations not having our form of government or hear him ******** about our form of government. A lot of people are fed up with being controlled. A lot of people are complaining about a lack of freedom, justice, and honor throughout the globe. This isn't bebecaus we're bored and like to complain. It is because the noose is tightening.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I heard on the radio that they're using facial recognition software, and "social media" to round up the rioters (since the riots were organized through "social media" ).

It's very big brother of them, but should prove quite effective at holding those accountable responsible for their actions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I heard on the radio that they're using facial recognition software, and "social media" to round up the rioters (since the riots were organized through "social media" ).

It's very big brother of them, but should prove quite effective at holding those accountable responsible for their actions.

I heard last night that they have over 1200 arrested now. There are more street cameras in London than any other city on earth. Anything you put out on the internet is traceable (unless you are really good, most of these people seem to be stupid from their news interviews I have seen.) and permanent.

Top Bottom