• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wife got home a bit ago.

Had a good time. LOTS of trucks, motorhomes, etc.... Everyone was real friendly and polite. Stopped and talked to a lot of folks. My daughter said she can still hear the horns in her head.

As to WHY: reasons vary. All very pro-American. All beyond annoyed at various government overreach. One older gentleman summed it up nicely (paraphrased): "I've been driving across the USA for more than 3 decades, and watched everyone from the Feds to locals stick their nose into everyone's business. Every freedom we have is getting slowly worn away. We are told what to say, or not say. What to put in our bodies, where we can go, and what to believe. Its getting old, and so many Americans have had about enough. We just want to go about our lives without the government meddling in every little thing."

My wife commented that this was certainly NOT a protest. It was more a rally. Not anti this-and-that so much as pro freedom.

Only a few weirdos. Met some hippies in their van, selling honey. All the way from California. Joined the convey because Cali almost put them out of business with mandates and restrictions.

Not much media around for how large this was. NO national media that they could see. TONS of social media folks. A trucker asked how my wife heard about it, and agreed that is was hard to get info. Media will hardly talk to them, will not play their press releases, and ignore their invitations to talk/interview.

A couple of my wife's friends got there a couple hours later than my wife, and could hardly find a place to park. Trucks EVERYWHERE and more coming. Guess this is only one of several "convoys", and different groups are trying not to completely overwhelm truck stops.

Pretty sure my wife has pics on her phone. I'll see if I can get a few to post.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wife got home a bit ago.

Had a good time. LOTS of trucks, motorhomes, etc.... Everyone was real friendly and polite. Stopped and talked to a lot of folks. My daughter said she can still hear the horns in her head.

As to WHY: reasons vary. All very pro-American. All beyond annoyed at various government overreach. One older gentleman summed it up nicely (paraphrased): "I've been driving across the USA for more than 3 decades, and watched everyone from the Feds to locals stick their nose into everyone's business. Every freedom we have is getting slowly worn away. We are told what to say, or not say. What to put in our bodies, where we can go, and what to believe. Its getting old, and so many Americans have had about enough. We just want to go about our lives without the government meddling in every little thing."

My wife commented that this was certainly NOT a protest. It was more a rally. Not anti this-and-that so much as pro freedom.

Only a few weirdos. Met some hippies in their van, selling honey. All the way from California. Joined the convey because Cali almost put them out of business with mandates and restrictions.

Not much media around for how large this was. NO national media that they could see. TONS of social media folks. A trucker asked how my wife heard about it, and agreed that is was hard to get info. Media will hardly talk to them, will not play their press releases, and ignore their invitations to talk/interview.

A couple of my wife's friends got there a couple hours later than my wife, and could hardly find a place to park. Trucks EVERYWHERE and more coming. Guess this is only one of several "convoys", and different groups are trying not to completely overwhelm truck stops.

Pretty sure my wife has pics on her phone. I'll see if I can get a few to posts

I’d rather have a freedom loving weirdo than just a weirdo

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    One thing that really stuck out to me was the diversity of the crowd….. everything from California hippies to South Dakota bikers and don’t forget all the church groups that were represented. All with one thing in common, freedom loving.

haven’t met a nicer group of people.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Your name is fine. You should keep it. As to an individuals choice to accept a vaccine, or not, it's his choice. Not mine. Not yours. And certainly not an unelected bureaucrat's choice.
    That last part is an outright lie. Kirk, they counted a hunter that shot himself as a Covid death. There was the story of a motorcycle rider dying in an accident. It was labeled Covid. Terminally ill patients lying in a hospice with 2-4 weeks to live who died in 13 days; labeled Covid death. Heart attack deaths labeled Covid because it was 'present' when their aorta burst. The .gov has admitted the PCR test is inaccurate. The list of BS 'covid deaths' is virtually unending. I consider the numbers you quoted as the "scam". Deaths (from all causes) were intentionally manipulated, relabeled, and aggrandized for political purposes and to achieve control.
    Well said and factually correct. Just follow the money for a covid “death” compared to-“fill in the blank”death or natural causes - for me I saw it myself as a healthcare worker.
    Go ahead and apply your logic for as it stands.. I don’t know where your reasoning is based.
    This was and will be a topic for a long time.. anyone can see how the facts have either changed or been used for an agenda

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I guess there was two different "convoys" yesterday, that have now merged and are heading east. Yet another group is supposed to meet up today or tomorrow? Rumor is well over 1000 trucks in total.

Essentially nothing on the news, which is unfortunate. Right lane of I-70 was shut down this morning for several miles east of Monrovia to allow this group to merge onto the interstate. I guess that made the "traffic" blurb, but that's all.

A couple of friends and their kids met on an overpass near Plainfield this morning to wave to the group. Said they finally got tired of standing and waving. Quite the line of trucks.

EDIT: I guess the trucks are STILL GOING. Wife just left to meet friends and wave.

Last edited:

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Us too ......Me and my wife and a bunch of friends were there for about 12 hours :).
    Got there at 9:00 am and left a little before 10:00 pm . A Pretty Amazing Day to Remember .
    I went with my young daughters. I didn't Have an itinerary or I would have showed up later in the day. We stayed for about 4hrs midday. Just wanted them (and me) to see it with my own eyes. And also donate $ it was amazing to see.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not a peep about this on WTHR the last couple of days, at least on the evening edition. This tells me all you need to know about the current state of reporting.
    Nothing in the mornings either. It would be nice to know when they're expected to come to/through Indy for the traffic impact if nothing else.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Nothing in the mornings either. It would be nice to know when they're expected to come to/through Indy for the traffic impact if nothing else.
    I have heard several reports on numerous news platforms today. Although it is to the contrary of what I have seen on social media...... They claim there is almost no one going to DC. Nothing to see here......

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I have heard several reports on numerous news platforms today. Although it is to the contrary of what I have seen on social media...... They claim there is almost no one going to DC. Nothing to see here......
    Media is pretty good at ignoring everything that doesn`t fit "The Agenda"
    I heard ( can`t confirm ) that the Convoy was 30 miles long . ....and I know what I saw at the Monrovia Rally , Nothing but awesome .

addtext_com_MTY1MDUzMjQwMDg.png

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012

This guy has a few videos he is traveling with the convoy about the only “news” actually covering anything.

Top Bottom