• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Hey neighbors,
    I was wondering if you guys can recommend different brands of ammo for me. I have heard of "clean" and "dirty" brands, but would like your empirical data. I have used and like Remington so far. I would like to know more about Lawman and Winchester as well. Thank you for your time.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Welcome to INGO. Can you be a little more specific in your question? Are you asking about .22 or 17HMR rimfire? Centerfire handgun or rifle?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Truthfully I would say the only times it really matters is if you are shooting a LOT through an AR or don't care for the "smell" when shooting in an indoor range. My son and I shoot quite a bit and do a lot of reloading. When reloading - Bullseye powder is pretty "dirty" and stinks when used indoors (still use it though). None of the new commercial ammo will cause any "function" problem in any weapon except direct impingement gas operation firearms - and only then after many rounds usually (hundreds or thousands) are fired without cleaning. We always clean our firearms after use - normally the same day and have had no issues with any ammo. If I were you, I would be more concerned with finding which ammo is most accurate for your gun(s), many times a certain round weight or manufacturer will not shoot as accurate as others. When you find the right ammo - stick with it. Otherwise I often buy what is on sale or cheapest just for plinking use.

MagillaG67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    The Herters Select brass sold by Cabelas is now mfg. by S&B. Looks identical. I was wondering why the boxes changed to the same size as Sellier & Bellot. & then I read the back.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Question is, how often do you clean your gun? After 1 use or 3 uses. Either way, you're gonna clean them.

I don't worry about it if it's dirty or not, as long as it shoots. I have to clean the guns anyways.

Top Bottom