• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Got tickets to today's game for my wife and I, got turned away at the gate because we didn't have a ticket for 12# 5 month old Violet. For just $114 I could have bought a ticket for her.
    So irritated I'm not thinking real well. It's probably a published policy and I should have known but really? I can fly with her without a ticket but not go to an NFL game?
    Another example of people trying to do things right rather than doing the right things. So concerned about following the letter of the rules rather than the spirit.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, I've never been in either dome. The only money jimmy or old man bob got from me were the taxes that indy leadership handed out to them. Welfare at it's worst.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    When my oldest son was two MONTHS old, we took him to an all-day racing event at the Hockheimring in Germany. There were around 85,000 people there that day. He slept most of the time, and to this day, he still likes F1 racing. Good kid!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey, come on, Mr. Responsible Citizen (but you can't carry in the taxpayers' house that I rent) has legal bills to pay.

ruxue9fkgzyyyg24ou0i.jpg

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Houston Texans:

Is there an age limit for entrance into the stadium without purchasing a ticket?
    Yes, all children two years and older need a ticket to attend the game.

Tennesee Titans:

Children - Under Age 2
    Children under age 2 may be held in an adult's lap and are not required to have a ticket to the game. Children must not disturb other patrons in surrounding seats or this privilege may be revoked.

Jacksonville:
    Does my child need a ticket to enter EverBank Field?

Children under 34 inches may obtain a complimentary Lap Pass Ticket at the game day ticket office. For more information on the lap pass ticket, please contact the Jaguars Fan Services Department at (904) 633-6000.

So sounds like the Colts have a pretty lousy, fan-unfriendly policy compared to the rest of the teams in their division.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    We took my daughter to both pacers games and colts games as a young'n. They basically had the attitude that if she could be held or sit in our lap we were good without a ticket. As long as she wouldn't require a seat for her butt we didn't need a ticket was their general attitude towards it. May just depend on who you deal with at the window.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    And THAT, ladies and gents, is why I only watch them on tv, or not. Not one thin dime. No jerseys, no hats, no nothing. I don't particularly have anything against them, but the owners and some of the players are obviously confused about who needs whom in this relationship.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    BIL has 4 season tickets. He is a died in the wool fan. We have been to a few season games and 2 playoff games on his tickets. Those free days always cost at least $100 with parking/snacks/beers etc.
    I like the experiences we have had but the TV is so much better. We DVR the game yesterday and watched it when we came inside. Blew through the mindless commercials and sideline talking head crap.
    Perfect.

My beer is a lot colder.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    BIL has 4 season tickets. He is a died in the wool fan. We have been to a few season games and 2 playoff games on his tickets. Those free days always cost at least $100 with parking/snacks/beers etc.
    I like the experiences we have had but the TV is so much better. We DVR the game yesterday and watched it when we came inside. Blew through the mindless commercials and sideline talking head crap.
    Perfect.

My beer is a lot colder.

We've been to a couple games and it's exciting. I've never bought a ticket, but when the tickets are free we park at the $10 lawn lots and walk. I might have a bottle of water and popcorn, but that's about all I want. I am a Colts fan, but don't enjoy crowds.

Yesterday I spent the day with my longbow in Deem Wilderness area. When I got home the wife and I watched the game on DVR and blew through the commercials too. All in all a perfect day.

When my son was small we took him with us everywhere. If he couldn't (or shouldn't) go, we didn't go. He's 20 now and still spends time with us. We didn't pay for him to go anywhere until about age 2. According to JT's research it looks like the Colts are behind the curve on family friendly.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    May just depend on who you deal with at the window.

Just move on down to another entrance and look for different ticket taker. Either someone that looks miserable and could care less about their job or someone friendly and smiling.

Also look for a supervisor and politely plead your case. There is always a few people in charge at any event with a handful of Comp Tickets tucked in their pocket to resolve problems that may come up from time to time. They could explain the policy (if one actually exist) and chances are might simply hand you a third ticket to get through the gate.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So, what you're saying is your 5 month old is a deadbeat who can't afford his own ticket? Get him a job. Cut this off now before it becomes a habit.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    My wife went to 32 team websites, 27 do not require tickets for small children. The Saints don't require tickets until 5 years old. Only 5 teams require a purchased ticked, Colts, Steelers, Packers, Browns, and of course the Patriots because they are the devil.
    most issue a free pass so they know how many people are in the stadium.

Top Bottom