• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The TSA has been broadcasting loudspeaker messages threatening travelers with arrest for making "jokes", "remarks", or "comments" about security.

One intercom message was recorded on audio:

“…You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest.”

AUDIO HERE: TSA loudspeakers threaten travelers with arrest for joking about security | Police State USA

Lone-Loudspeaker-_-Flickr-Photo-Sharing_2013-10-10_01-38-27.png

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It's news to me. I'm sure it is to others as well.

Certainly worthy of a thread to remind us of the tyranny that abounds, while alleged supporters of liberty say, "So what??"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't like the TSA or their tactics, which is why I avoid situations where I must interact with them. In the long run, they need to go, but that's not happening in the near future, barring complete government collapse or that-which-may-not-be-discussed-or-named.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I had to deal with them last month on a trip. flying out of Nashville I asked if I could take on my fly rod as a carry on. They said sure, but no line or reel. So I did that. Then coming home flying out of Orlando my fly rod goes through the check. But is then picked up. The TSA woman was feeling the case all over. Squeezing and shaking. I finally went over and told her it's a fly rod. She doesn't believe me and asked where the reel was. I told her that in Nashville I was told I wasn't allowed to have that on there. Problem solved. At least make up your mind which one it is. How can we follow orders and be good little pawns when they can't even decide what the orders are.

Jason

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And so: This is how a police state behaves.

You have no right to a beautiful act of panic.

You cannot yell "fire!" in a crowded theatre and you cannot yell "bomb!" in an airport. Sorry.

If you whining about not being about to drive people to a panic, sorry, I don't agree.

If you are complaining about the manner in which TSA is behaving overal or even the existence of TSA, then I am on board.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And so? Is your claim that this is untrue?

This has always been the case. They just didn't broadcast it.

They have signs all over the damn airport warning folks not to joke about such things; what's different about using loudspeakers?

@Kirk, nucular and Blackhawk2001 :facepalm:
    Read this, re-read it again and come back tomorrow and re-re-read it again.

To Catch a Wild Pig - A Parable About Society That Offers Valuable Lessons for Leaders | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

Here is the footnote version

Do you know how to catch wild pigs?

1) Find a suitable place in the woods/grassland where you can build a fenced pen (with 4 sides and a gate)
    2) Put some corn on the ground and leave
    3) The pigs will find the corn and everyday will come back to feed on the free corn
    4) After some time before you put out the corn again, put up the side of the fence where the pigs don't come thru (if pigs come from NORTH side, you lay the SOUTH side fence first)
    5) The pigs will come again, see the fence, ignore it since it does not affect them and eat the free corn
    6) Repeat step 2 and 3 for another week
    7) Put up either the WEST or EAST side of the fence and connect it to the one side you have up already
    8) The pigs will come again, see the fence, ignore it since it does not affect them and eat the free corn
    9) Repeat step 2 and 3 for another week
    10) Put up the other side of the fence (WEST or EAST) and connect it to the 2 sides you already have
    11) The pigs will come again, see the fence, ignore it since it does not affect them and eat the free corn
    12) Repeat step 2 and 3 for another week
    13) Now put up the last fence and leave the gate open along with the free corn
    14) The pigs will come just like always and seeing the last fence will walk right in for the free corn just like before.
    15) While the pigs eat the corn, walk up and slam the fence

Congrads you just caught yourself the entire herd of wild pigs!
    Don't worry about the pigs they will soon go back to eating the free corn. Why? They have been so use to eating for free that they have forgotten how to forage for food themselves and will accept captivity.

This country has already accepted the TSA to some extend when it started.
    You are eating the free corn thinking TSA gives you "protection".

They took a step a while back to extend that "protection" outside of airports to include trains, highways, bus stops and you ignored it.
    *cough* the 1st side of the fence went up.

Now TSA is verbally reminding you of their 'protection' and again you ignore it.
    *cough* the 2nd side of the fence is going up

:faint:

And so: This is how a police state behaves.
    Sums it up but at times people need a better example.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    This is why I'm never flying airlines again.

I am not going to pay some company three hundred plus dollars then get treated like ****tty cattle just to get somewhere faster, I'd rather drive and have the trip take double the time or pay five times the money to fly private and actually get treated like a damn human.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is why I'm never flying airlines again.

I am not going to pay some company three hundred plus dollars then get treated like ****tty cattle just to get somewhere faster, I'd rather drive and have the trip take double the time or pay five times the money to fly private and actually get treated like a damn human.

Today and tomorrow you can drive but the day is soon coming where you will see this on the highway.
    aa-police-state-your-papers-please-excellent-one.jpg

OP has posted linked to articles where TSA is doing that to truckers already.
    Yup you are not a trucker so it does not affect you.... YET!!!!

First they came for the "Assault Style Rifles", and I did not speak out - because I did not own an "Assault Style Rifle".
    Then they cam for the handguns, and I did not speak out - becuase I did not own a handgun.
    They they came for the shotguns, and I did not speak out - becuase I did not own a shotgun.
    Then thet came for hunting rifle - and there was no one left to speak out for me an owner of a hunting rifle.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Today and tomorrow you can drive but the day is soon coming where you will see this on the highway.
    aa-police-state-your-papers-please-excellent-one.jpg

OP has posted linked to articles where TSA is doing that to truckers already.
    Yup you are not a trucker so it does not affect you.... YET!!!!

First they came for the "Assault Style Rifles", and I did not speak out - because I did not own an "Assault Style Rifle".
    Then they cam for the handguns, and I did not speak out - becuase I did not own a handgun.
    They they came for the shotguns, and I did not speak out - becuase I did not own a shotgun.
    Then thet came for hunting rifle - and there was no one left to speak out for me an owner of a hunting rifle.

My car has broken brakes and the power windows don't work, it's also a toyota so the gas pedal gets stuck from time to time....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A good friend of mine was once detained at an airport for joking about a bomb. If I remember correctly it happened in 1972.

Unfortunately there are some things that your really shouldn't joke about.

And I can't stand TSA about more than anyone!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    A couple weeks back, I'm waiting in line to have my ID and boarding pass checked. There are two college aged girls in from of me complaining about the TSA so I naturally eavesdrop. Some good questions posed, the most important one being "Do you think they actually prevent anything or keep is safe?" to which the other replied "I'm just worried they're going to touch my boobs." How sad that young girls are having anxiety over being molested by the TSA.

Last week, I'm flying to New York. Indy Airport TSA yells at me and everyone else to NOT take our shoes off. Then flying home in Buffalo, it's take your shoes off. I asked the TSA guy why I had to take shoes off here but didn't have to on my flight into Buffalo. He tells me in a sarcastic know it all tone "Well, in case you didn't know, Canada is a whole other country. I'm assuming you flew in from Ontario. No shoe removal in Canada but we do it here in the US." I showed him my ticket and said, I don't need a geography lesson. Indianapolis is still part of the US. His response, "Don't know what to tell ya pal".

I hate the TSA.

Top Bottom