• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    President Donald Trump told reporters on Tuesday that additional peace deals are in the works with eight or nine countries.

Trump made the remarks shortly after signing historic peace deals between Israel and the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.

“We have many other countries going to be joining us, and they’re going to be joining us soon. We’ll have I think seven or eight or nine. We’re going to have a lot of other countries joining us, including the big ones. We already have the big one, but including the big ones,” Trump said.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/up-to...ace-deals-in-pipeline-trump-says_3501610.html

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

And, the funny thing is that just the WEEK prior, the "esteemed" magazine Foreign Policy was kibitzing that UAE a one and done. That Bahrain had already said "nope" and no other ME country was going to sign on. Too funny!

(and by "esteemed" I mean esteemed by Kerry et al with a long and unsullied history of foreign policy failure)

Foreign Policy Magazine (Aug 31)
    U.S. Officials Tour the Middle East to Promote Israeli-UAE Peace Deal
    Trump officials have their eyes on November, but efforts to promote normalization with Israel in other Gulf states appear unlikely.
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/08/3...iddle-east-to-promote-israeli-uae-peace-deal/

Hope dwindling. The U.S. delegation still has a wide gulf to cross before successfully pushing other Arab states to normalize ties with Israel. There was initial speculation that Bahrain and Sudan could soon follow the United Arab Emirates, but both countries have since dismissed claims they are exploring similar agreements.

So, will a Biden administration punish UAE and Bahrain for stepping out of line? Perhaps by sending Hunter to those two countries? :):

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And, the funny thing is that just the WEEK prior, the "esteemed" magazine Foreign Policy was kibitzing that UAE a one and done. That Bahrain had already said "nope" and no other ME country was going to sign on. Too funny!

(and by "esteemed" I mean esteemed by Kerry et al with a long and unsullied history of foreign policy failure)

Foreign Policy Magazine (Aug 31)
    U.S. Officials Tour the Middle East to Promote Israeli-UAE Peace Deal
    Trump officials have their eyes on November, but efforts to promote normalization with Israel in other Gulf states appear unlikely.
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/08/3...iddle-east-to-promote-israeli-uae-peace-deal/

So, will a Biden administration punish UAE and Bahrain for stepping out of line? Perhaps by sending Hunter to those two countries? :):

Since the last presidential election I've been asking myself who President Trump is and who (as in defining the faction) he is the front man for.
    As time goes on and the pieces fit together it gets more and more interesting. And frankly, it sends me to the bible a whole lot more than to POX or CaNNed.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Remember the tangle of treaties established in the run up to staging the terrorist event plugging the couple in Sarajevo?
    That's pretty much what this reminds me of.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Anyone paying attention to Armenia vs. Azerbaijan?
    Per their respective treaties; Russia is allied with the Christians and Turkey is backing the Mohammadans.
    I'm thinking perhaps Turkey is playing the NATO card to try to keep Russia from saving the Armenians.

Top Bottom