• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's faithful? If I found credible information that DeSantis were actually a pedo, I'd not vote for him. That's faithful?

If credible evidence came out about Trump being a Pedo, I mean, like solid evidence. A video, an admission. I suspect you guys would either deny it or excuse it. I'm hoping my intuition is wrong.
    Somehow I think you DeSandinistas aren't as different from us as you like to think.

DeSantis has been feeding at the Club for Growth teat for his ENTIRE political career, but when I pointed that out I got people telling me Trump was down with CfG too until a recent falling out. Then when I showed that CfG had been against him since late 2015 making media buys against him, endorsing several different opponents (because some of their first choices were left broken upon the field) and threatening to defund and campaign against any down-ballot candidates who endorsed his candidacy, I got crickets. DeSantis is still being shopped to me as some kind of savior. For someone who hasn't made up his mind and thinks its too early to tell, you sure talk about him a lot

I say Trump's been in the breech before and it is dismissed out of hand. I'm told no one man can fix everything - right before I'm told DeSantis will fix everything. The snake oil isn't selling

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    See, this is a reason the arguments you guys are making aren't winning. Debt is a HUGE part of what I care about. I think saving the country is important. Destroying the country in hopes of saving it doesn't save it.
    I've never had anyone adequately explain to my why I should worry one whit about "the debt." My debt, sure. The debt? Couldn't care less. Who the **** do "we" owe, the Decepticons?

:):

I don't think it's healthy to worry about **** on such a grand scale that you can do absolutely nothing about. Makes for entertaining back and forth on the forums, I suppose, but there is no prize for being right. I care about as much about "the debt" as I do about "climate change."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I've never had anyone adequately explain to my why I should worry one whit about "the debt." My debt, sure. The debt? Couldn't care less. Who the **** do we owe, the Decepticons?

I don't think it's healthy to worry about **** on such a grand scale that you can do absolutely nothing about. Makes for entertaining back and forth on the forums, I suppose, but there is no prize for being right. I care about as much about "the debt" as I do about "climate change."
    It's a liberal left argument started by Robert Reich I think. Debt don't matter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Speaking of Goose, anyone else think the casting person for Top Gun Maverick should get an award for Rooster looking like he's actually related to Goose?
    I barely remember the first movie, but I heard that the newest one is going to be coming to tv, so maybe I'll give it a watch. Really not a Tom Cruise fan. Kind of think he's an ass.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I barely remember the first movie
    I was in Nuclear Power School Orlando when it came out.
    It was almost required.

I got the sound track, and it didn't have You've Lost That Loving Feeling on it.
    So, I got a tape, and added it at the end.
    People were shocked when they heard it, asked me where I bought it.
    I told them 'I know people'.

And then told the the truth.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've never had anyone adequately explain to my why I should worry one whit about "the debt." My debt, sure. The debt? Couldn't care less. Who the **** do "we" owe, the Decepticons?

That is some serious head in the sand thinking.

A lot of the debt is held by mutual funds and Social Security, the military retirement fund, pension funds, and banks.

Here is one huge problem with the debt.
    The interest on the public debt for fiscal year 2021 is estimated to be $413 billion, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).4
    That is with interest rates being very low for over a decade.
    Here is some light reading for you

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This just runs counter to my list of urgencies. If a couple are on the verge of divorce, one spouse is abusing the kids and the family is in a state of constant turmoil, their credit card debt it a very low priority.

If it takes borrowing to create a coalition to secure the border and gain control of the swamp I will co-sign…
    Money arguments are the second leading cause of divorce, behind infidelity. High levels of debt and poor communication lead to stress and anxiety when it comes to finances. Nearly half of couples with $50,000 or more in debt say money is their top reason for arguing. I rest my case.

Our government has been screwing us for years, and then putting us in debt...but hey, keep going and vote for more. Brilliant.
    I laid out my analogy, there was no need to change it other than to make it fit your point.

So if a spouse was abusing the kids, the highest priority is the debt? If your grandkids were being abused, your are focused on the family debt like a laser? Got it.

The debt is a very low priority for me because if they destroy our country they can have the debt too…
    But they are going to destroy the county by debt, that’s your child abuse in action. Then the rest won’t matter.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ah the fruit of a 4 year degree in Presidential studies.

I suppose he will re sign another one if reelected
    You were whinging about what the plan is to drain the swamp. That is one

Has anyone else had the cajones to propose something as likely to get a handle on the problem? Do any of your faves even HAVE a plan?

I thought so

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom