Not open for further replies.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hes such a douche bag. Sometimes I feel badly for the guy, the way he is being treated. Then there is times like this when I would love to tell him to go pound sand.

Last edited:
    Reactions: oze

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Although I'm HIGHLY confident that the struggling DeSantis campaign would NEVER use a misleading sound bite during the death-throes of their campaign, I've posted the full video of the Sioux City event in case you want to hear the full context

The part leading up to the DeSantis sound bite starts around 25:10

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Although I'm HIGHLY confident that the struggling DeSantis campaign would NEVER use a misleading sound bite during the death-throes of their campaign, I've posted the full video of the Sioux City event in case you want to hear the full context

Listened to it several times. While yes, it is a snippet of the entire speech, not so sure it is taken out of context. The part kicks in around 27:45.

In fact he never even finished his thought after saying "So for all those losers out there who say Trump never. . . . " I believe he realized he just stepped in it a bit and it got him a bit flustered. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
    Reactions: oze

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Listened to it several times. While yes, it is a snippet of the entire speech, not so sure it is taken out of context. The part kicks in around 27:45.

In fact he never even finished his thought after saying "So for all those losers out there who say Trump never. . . . " I believe he realized he just stepped in it a bit and it got him a bit flustered. Just my opinion.
    Sadly Mexicans legal and mostly illegal each week wire $ back to Mexico to families. If he had put a tax on wired money to Mexico then Mexico would have been paying for the wall. He declined to take that advice. So not sure why he had no legal way of doing it. And since Trump said he would get Mexico to pay for it doesn’t look good as to what he is saying in the video. Perhaps old age. I still believe he won’t make it to the 2024 elections. Maybe this is a sign of his decline in health?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hes such a douche bag. Sometimes I feel badly for the guy, the way he is being treated. Then there is times like this when I would love to tell him to go pound sand.

:lol2:

It would be quite hilarious to repost all the Trumpers faithfully defending Trump’s promise to make Mexico build Trump’s wall, and then excusing him when it didn’t happen, and some even claimed he fulfilled it! And now we have Trump admitting that, nah, it was ********.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

What the entire context actually said is that Trump was never going to get Mexico to pay for the wall. And he knew it. And you guys believed that; you vehemently defended it. It was always just a campaign promise.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I made a specific campaign promise that I knew would not happen. You are all losers for believing me.
    Well, to be fair, in context the losers weren’t the faithful who believed him. So. What do you call someone who believes the words of a snake oil salesman?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What the entire context actually said is that Trump was never going to get Mexico to pay for the wall. And he knew it. And you guys believed that; you vehemently defended it. It was always just a campaign promise.
    So, who paid for remain in Mexico?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, who paid for remain in Mexico?
    We’re talking about Trump’s campaign promise to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. You weren’t claiming then that he would bait-n-switch you to what he actually did. You claimed he would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He did what he could, and it was effective. Not sure what more you could want

Most Trump supporters are at peace with the decision, no matter how much the heathen rage

Edit: I notice you didn't answer the question

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Most Trump supporters are at peace with the decision, no matter how much the heathen rage

You guys seem at peace with anything he does, good or bad.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I made a specific campaign promise that I knew would not happen. You are all losers for believing me.
    Please bring up the topic of "specific campaign promises".
    I know the thread belongs to DJT, but can other presidential promises be discussed?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What I find funny, ridiculous, stupid, naive to name a few thoughts about reaction to Trump. For years I have interacted with people that lamented politicians and their typical traits. Some things they wanted and what they did with Trump.

An outsider: can one get a president more outsider than Trump? The ENTIRE DC apparatus hate his guts including most of his party.

Speaks mind, just says what he is thinking, not focus group scripted: Then when a president actually does it we get BS about mean tweets, how stupid he is, that he makes stuff up.

A successful business man to clean things up: but then give tepid support of clean up efforts.

I am pondering if the support increases Trump gad received after all the indictments is a, deeply buried, but tacit recognition that Trump is little more than a proxy for most AF types…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trump was part of the swamp long before he was against it. He was simply on the side trying to get stuff from it rather than giving stuff.

People can speak honestly without sounding like a school boy bully. Rand Paul does a pretty good job of that.

You may have wanted a "business man" to clean things up, but I for one want someone to put the brakes on spending. Trump was never going to do that. He is a big proponent of debt. Government debt is not the same as business debt. Especially in the lack of bankruptcy as a fallback.

I would chalk the bump up to people being sick and tired of the government blatantly doing :poop: in its own interest rather than in the people's.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

But you weren’t saying he’ll do what he can then. You guys insisted he would make Mexico pay for the wall. You insisted that he could do that. But he couldn’t. And has admitted he couldn’t. And that’s why it’s not good to have such blind faith in someone like that. He’s just a person. And it took you this long to learn that. If you learned it.

The question you asked has no relevance to the point that was made. It wasn’t a question of, did Trump accomplish anything. Of course he did, short lived as it was. New administration comes in and remain in Mexico died on the vine. That’s not Trump’s fault. He did what he could.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump was part of the swamp long before he was against it. He was simply on the side trying to get stuff from it rather than giving stuff.

People can speak honestly without sounding like a school boy bully. Rand Paul does a pretty good job of that.

You may have wanted a "business man" to clean things up, but I for one want someone to put the brakes on spending. Trump was never going to do that. He is a big proponent of debt. Government debt is not the same as business debt. Especially in the lack of bankruptcy as a fallback.

I would chalk the bump up to people being sick and tired of the government blatantly doing :poop: in its own interest rather than in the people's.
    I think many of the people who became Trumpers wanted the same fiscal restraint. But in their devotion to a fallible politician, the goals changed. Deficit spending don’t matter when your political idol says it don’t matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom