Not open for further replies.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Not a fan at all of Trump doing this but hes going to do what he wants to do. I think this will turn a lot of people off.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    IMO....
    He needs to go, but he won't. He's too polarizing to be electable. I do agree with his policies and the way he governed, but his personality overshadows the good he does for the average person. I think he would loose against Biden if they were both running in 2024.
    The election of Fetterman vs Oz really opened my eyes. People will elect a vegetable again. Should be a huge eye opener for the conservatives. You have to send good candidates.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    IMO....
    He needs to go, but he won't. He's too polarizing to be electable. I do agree with his policies and the way he governed, but his personality overshadows the good he does for the average person. I think he would loose against Biden if they were both running in 2024.
    The election of Fetterman vs Oz really opened my eyes. People will elect a vegetable again. Should be a huge eye opener for the conservatives. You have to send good candidates.
    I don't think that even sending good candidates is going to be enough, any more. The dems have gotten the democrat machine dynamics in place in enough former "swing" states to pretty much lock in the electoral vote for the foreseeable future. If they don't receive the votes, the dems will "manufacture" enough to win, and since they've got the SOS, it'll all be blessed. That, along with the party discipline that see candidates like Fetterman and Biden get votes no matter how inept or compromised they are, make me believe that there will not be a republican president for a long, long time. Just my opinion...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IMO....
    The other possibility is two more years of the kind of suffering a Biden administration will cause will move more independents and working class people to see the light

A lot depends on Republicans accomplishing useful things as well as explaining why the things they are doing need to be done as well as who is really to blame for the pain for the next two years

So we're probably ****ed if we have to stick with McCarthy and The Turtle

If I had my druthers, Scalise for speaker and Scott or Paul for majority leader

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Things are so effed up in this country when it comes down to even suggesting a Cheney/Abrams ticket as if Biden/Harris wasn't bad enough.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like your Senate picks however give me Chip Roy for the House.
    That would work, but Scalise would be easier to pull off. The senate picks might be equally unlikely but I have no sense of who might have a shot over there if The Turtle is out of the way

I was worried about McConnell having leverage because if he retired his state's governor is a Dem, but then I read this:

So make him an offer he can't refuse

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Will Abrams have to resign as the pretend governor of Georgia in order to run?
    Probably not. It's all a bizarre pretend world when it comes to Abrahms. Some even pretend that she would be a good POTUS candidate even though she's gotten her large ass handed to her in Ga. She's a proven big-time loser like Beato O'Rourke. It shows just how effed up things are when some people still even consider them to be viable candidates.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Probably not. It's all a bizarre pretend world when it comes to Abrahms. Some even pretend that she would be a good POTUS candidate even though she's gotten her large ass handed to her in Ga. She's a proven big-time loser like Beato O'Rourke.
    I'm not so sure on the presidential candidate front. If they will elect Fetterman in order to keep the senate and save their agenda, would it be any different if she headed the ticket? After all, she says abortion is an economic issue - that the reason people have to worry about inflation is unborn children. Anyone that buys that 'logic' would elect whoever they're told to

What if she replaces Harris as the diversity VP? Ugh. Harris was only needed for intersection
    cred as Cali will go Dem no matter what, but Abrams has even more intersectional cred and could help deliver Georgia in a close race

I keep looking for Rod Serling standing in the background

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not so sure on the presidential candidate front. If they will elect Fetterman in order to keep the senate and save their agenda, would it be any different if she headed the ticket? After all, she says abortion is an economic issue - that the reason people have to worry about inflation is unborn children. Anyone that buys that 'logic' would elect whoever they're told to

What if she replaces Harris as the diversity VP? Ugh. Harris was only needed for intersection
    cred as Cali will go Dem no matter what, but Abrams has even more intersectional cred and could help deliver Georgia in a close race

I keep looking for Rod Serling standing in the background
    Yeah I saw that where Abrams solution to counter act the effects of inflation is thru having more abortions.

Her idea of cranking up the baby killing machine to counter act inflation is one of the most insane policy positions that I've heard yet in defense of abortion.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    People that live there said it was more around him actually being from Pennsylvania.
    Looks like being a rich tv personality from the outside didn't work out so well for Oz. Damn you Melania for talking DJT into backing him!

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Is that because of America first policies or mean tweets?
    Maybe because his ego won't allow him to realize when's he's shooting\shot himself in the foot. First time around, the nicknames were generally fun because they mostly directed at the primary candidates the right flank of the party disliked or tolerated, the exception being Ted Cruz. I think the right flank overlooked the Cruz nicknames because they were yearning for a bare knuckle brawler after decades of their milquetoast candidates getting steamrolled by similar tactics from the democrats, because they wouldn't take the gloves off and punch back, hard. 2020, he had no opposition so both barrels were directed at Hillary. Now he's resorted to the same thing that worked in 2016, but he's miscalculated because the landscape has changed on the Republican side. Desantis is seen by the right flank as a brawler, though a bit more polished than Trump and without the narcissistic megalomaniac personality. If Trump wishes another shot at the nomination, he CANNOT direct this type of fire at a potential Republican candidate that the base sees as as tough a political fighter as Trump but without the downsides we ignored in the last two cycles.

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    He going to announce something he should have done 2 years ago. Forming the MAGA party. All good R are welcome to join and the Rhinos can now put the D in front of their name.
    Or he’s running for Speaker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom