• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I saw this earlier. WTH is wrong with people? Did he really think he was going to get away with this? I'm glad the officer didn't suffer any bad wounds and when I first saw this I kept on thinking I hope the officer had his gun out of the holster when I noticed his hand staying on his side and he wasn't following orders to return to his vehicle.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Looked to me like the only thing that saved the officers life was the perp dropping his mag early. You can see it fall out, and you can see him pick it up on the way back to the car.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    'He would have never shot at a police official or anyone of the law,' his cousin, Will Wright III, said. 'He would not have missed the kill shot either.'

Um, wrong on both counts.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the officer had been a split second earlier recognizing the threat and got the first shot off, some on INGO would have called shooting the cop "self defense" and I'm sure someone would have started a thread with the title:

"Innocent Motorist Fired on By Bloodthirsty Cop"

As it is, I'm sure someone out there is thinking: "He had every right to get out of his car. The police have no right to order someone to get into their car. This is the cop's fault".....but they won't commit it to cyberspace writing.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    If the officer had been a split second earlier recognizing the threat and got the first shot off, some on INGO would have called shooting the cop "self defense" and I'm sure someone would have started a thread with the title:

As it is, I'm sure someone out there is thinking: "He had every right to get out of his car. The police have no right to order someone to get into their car. This is the cop's fault".....but they won't commit it to cyberspace writing.

Exactly what I was thinking.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw this earlier. WTH is wrong with people? Did he really think he was going to get away with this? I'm glad the officer didn't suffer any bad wounds and when I first saw this I kept on thinking I hope the officer had his gun out of the holster when I noticed his hand staying on his side and he wasn't following orders to return to his vehicle.

Yep and when he shut the car door after being instructed to get back in after the 2nd or 3rd time, you just had to know this wasn't going to end well.

The way that guy ran off, it sure didn't look like he had a lethal wound.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    wow, wtf is wrong with some ppl? that being said this shows me a couple things...one is about the "stopping power" myth...the other is the randomness and chaos of gunfights (not dissimilar to the chaos of any other type of altercation).....sometimes you hit them once and they go down right away...other times you hit them and you do it well, and they keep moving and possibly hitting you.......once an instructor told me that it was "awfully presumptuous to assume that you wont get shot in a gun fight"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    'He would have never shot at a police official or anyone of the law,' his cousin, Will Wright III, said. 'He would not have missed the kill shot either.'

Um, wrong on both counts.
    Yeah, this makes no sense at all. First he claims that his cousin would NEVER shoot at a police official but if he DID he would not miss the kill shot. Um......

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Not what I was thinking.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That guy was totally psycho, totally out of the blue. So glad for the officer and his family that he was able to defend himself in that situation, without any warning whatsoever, and that he survived. :thumbsup:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    What a total jackwaggon! Idiot. And to put his kids in danger! The fool deserves worse than he received.
    While I have criticized LEO behavior in the past, I think this guy did his job well. Maybe take some offensive/defensive fire arms courses.
    I don't expect the bash LEO crowd to chime in on this one.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

No, we would have sided with the officer unless it turned out the guy was unarmed, then we would have turned in a blood thirsty pack of cop haters. :)

Top Bottom