• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birdwing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Lowell
    I will be visiting the central library tomorrow for a book signing by one of my favorite authors. What are the rules concerning carry in this location. I have a case and lock under my front seat that I can use should I need to leave it in the car, but would prefer not to if I don't have to.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not illegal, if that is what you are asking. Local governmental entities (of which the Library is one) cannot have a policy barring otherwise legal handguns.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our dirty, evil, vile, privately owned firearms are banned from the campus of the Indiana Government Center Complex, which is bounded by Ohio, West, and Washington Streets, and Capitol Ave. If this "central library" of which you speak is the Indiana State Library located at 315 W Ohio Str., which is within the IGCC, then yes, it'd be illegal for you to attend that book signing while armed. Not illegal to stand across the street, however.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Our dirty, evil, vile, privately owned firearms are banned from the campus of the Indiana Government Center Complex, which is bounded by Ohio, West, and Washington Streets, and Capitol Ave. If this "central library" of which you speak is the Indiana State Library located at Indiana State Library,
    315 W Ohio Str., which is within the IGCC, then yes, it'd be illegal for you to attend that book signing while armed. Not illegal to stand across the street, however.

I think he's talking about the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library on St. Clair St.

OP you would do best to CC there.

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    (4) "Indiana government center campus" means the following:
    (A) The state capitol building.
    (B) The Indiana government center-north.
    (C) The Indiana government center-south.
    (D) The state library.
    (E) The Washington Street garage.
    (F) The Senate Avenue garage.
    (G) The land adjacent to these buildings that is owned and controlled by the state.

Really??? E & F? Glad someone posted this... I wouldn't have ever known about the garages.

Top Bottom