• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm glad we have cold and snow. Now that the word is out about The Fort, I'd hate for a wave of Californicators bringing high taxes and street poop.

Sorry for the pay wall.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't pay either. But poking around the WSJ site, the short version is, they and Realtor.com rated cities for the likelihood of property values appreciating.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm glad we have cold and snow. Now that the word is out about The Fort, I'd hate for a wave of Californicators bringing high taxes and street poop.

Sorry for the pay wall.

“Three Indiana cities led the Wall Street Journal/Realtor.com Emerging Housing Market Index in the fourth quarter, when affordable markets continued to dominate the rankings.”

“Lafayette, Ind., a metro area of about 225,000 people, was the top-ranked emerging housing market in the quarter, followed by Fort Wayne, Ind.; Elkhart, Ind.; Topeka, Kan., and Johnson City, Tenn.”

How the heck did they come up with the population number? Lafayette and West Lafayette combined show about 115,000.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    How the heck did they come up with the population number? Lafayette and West Lafayette combined show about 115,000.

"Metro Area" is the key difference. That will include beyond city limits.

Like the population of Indianapolis is only city limits. But the Indianapolis Metro area would include Carmel, Fishers, Greenwood, Plainfield, etc

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    "Metro Area" is the key difference. That will include beyond city limits.

Like the population of Indianapolis is only city limits. But the Indianapolis Metro area would include Carmel, Fishers, Greenwood, Plainfield, etc
    That is somewhat normal for major cities they should have just said Tippecanoe County. LOL

Top Bottom