Trijicon rmr 3.25 moa vrs. 6.5 moa reticle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldschool1911s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    NWI
    Which one do you prefer for edc? You can also comment on your preference at the range but edc is what I am mostly wondering about. I prefer Trijicon but you can comment on one that you like better and why. Thanks for the comments! Say safe!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I went with 6.5, though I don't carry that pistol. It's more for home and ranve.

I think I'm more likely to be in a situation where vision or visibility is less than ideal than in a situation where I need the improved accuracy at distance

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I just went through Handgun Combatives MRDS course with a Leupold DPP. I like the 2.5 to 3 5 myself. I have past extensive experience with RDS on Rifles. Aimpoint M68 (from Military and agemcy stuff) and Aimpoint PRO on personal AR. So I have always used the 2.5 to 3.5 retical.

IT_Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2021
    Fortville
    I have both dot sizes and prefer the 6.5 on my G17/19 carry pistols.

I have found the 3.25 can simply washout more easily to my eyes. I usually just adjust it up one setting; it was a gamble on dot size and just guessed wrong.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There's really no advantage to the bigger dot.

It may FEEL like there is an advantage, but there isn't. If it's being difficult to pick up, bump it up one brightness setting.

The smaller dot works beautifully under night vision, as well.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Going to come down to personal preference and also how much you shoot and train with a red dot. Both will serve you well so you really can't go wrong with either. From some people I've learned a few things from, often times people gravitate to larger dots when they're learning to use pistol mounted red dots then gravitate more towards the mid sized or smaller dots once they're more comfortable with them.

I'm going down the pistol mounted red dot rabbit hole now. Been playing with a couple and seeing what I like. I'm planning on going with a Holosun 509T for EDC and off duty gun, and hopefully my duty gun here soon. Holosun has actually made a good name for themselves with their pistol mounted red dots and they have made durable dots at a reasonable price. The RMR has been the gold standard in a rugged pistol mounted red dot since they came out due to the patients Trijicon has. Downside is the red dot has to be removed to replace the battery. Also most pistol mounted red dots are an open emitter design - to some its an issue, others its not an issue. Holosun also gives you the option to go between a 2 MOA dot, 32 MOA EOTECH style circle, or both the circle and dot.

Top Bottom