• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Drivers with IL tags do not know how to use cruise control, or that their car is even equipped with it.

Lots of people from Chicago have weekend homes around me. I will drive on the highway, set my cruise to about 7 over, and have someone with IL tags go flying around me. Then they get over in front of me and slow down causing me to have to pass them. We will play this leap frog game for miles, with me never taking my car off cruise.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As nearly as I can tell, only you and I even know what a stop line is.
    dpgNat.gif

Reactions: Mij

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Let's see, I've seen a few:

1. If it's dark out, a 50 MPH speed limit suddenly transforms into a 100 MPH speed limit.

2. You can slow down and stop in the road for no reason what so ever randomly no matter how many people are behind you. Gotta obey those invisible stop sign, right?

3. Turn signals are only for aesthetics. Cars now have magic technology that can transmit your intention to turn to other drivers and pedestrians. Technology is amazing, right?

4. If you're in a hurry at a stop sign, you can share the stop of the car in front of you and tailgate them through.

I actually find driving to be very relaxing and enjoyable, however every day I drive, the more I'm convinced many people on the road should not have licenses.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Let's see, I've seen a few:

1. If it's dark out, a 50 MPH speed limit suddenly transforms into a 100 MPH speed limit.

2. You can slow down and stop in the road for no reason what so ever randomly no matter how many people are behind you. Gotta obey those invisible stop sign, right?

3. Turn signals are only for aesthetics. Cars now have magic technology that can transmit your intention to turn to other drivers and pedestrians. Technology is amazing, right?

4. If you're in a hurry at a stop sign, you can share the stop of the car in front of you and tailgate them through.

I actually find driving to be very relaxing and enjoyable, however every day I drive, the more I'm convinced many people on the road should not have licenses.
    I'm guilty of #4 a lot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I love the new flashing yellow arrows. I don't think you were allowed to turn if the arrow was red before even if there was no oncoming traffic, but the flashing yellow with the signage makes it much nicer.
    Unless otherwise marked to the contrary, it is lawful to turn left on regular green. You are responsible for yielding to oncoming traffic.
    So if you are sitting at a green light and want to turn left, and there is no oncoming traffic, you may turn left.

Typically the "no left turn on green" sign is for intersections with limited visibility.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I used radar detector back in the day and years back the waze app. More trouble for them than it's worth messing with. I'll admit that i travel the left lane on us30 between Plymouth to usally valpo only because the right lane is rough as hell. I'm using cruise control but normally not in gas saver mode doing 70mph unless the right lane is good,, then I'll cruise at 60.

Think we should add in the sign "trucks use right lane"
    Thats a real pain leaving Plymouth. Dang truckers think they are makung up ground hopping in the left lane only to take forever to get going.
    I do the same thing on 30. That right lane will destroy your truck! Wave if you see me.. I'm in one of the squarebodies every day usually this one...

IMG_20230717_190842886.jpg

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I do the same thing on 30. That right lane will destroy your truck! Wave if you see me.. I'm in one of the squarebodies every day usually this one...

View attachment 348300
    Don't think I've seen your burb before. Sometimes i take my 81' c10 shortbed on trips, but not often since i 9nly get 4 to 6 mpg in it... Idiots that "resurfaced" 30 from Plymouth out past jellystone campground couple years ago thought it was a grand idea to tear the left lane up and force everyone into the war torn right lane. That was a nightmare for over 6 months.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Upon seeing a sign indicating that your lane is ending, be sure to speed up to cut off everyone who planned ahead and got over early.
    Actually, EVERYONE should do that and zipper merge. Its faster. Studies have proven it.

The trouble is, it only works if EVERYONE does it. But good luck getting folks to learn.

EDIT: DOT is trying to educate. Ive been seeing signs lately telling drivers to go ALL the way up and merge at the merge point.

Last edited:

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Upon seeing a sign indicating that your lane is ending, be sure to speed up to cut off everyone who planned ahead and got over early.
    Here in know, thats the race lane. Try an pass 4 cars to be in front. Had some idiot try that many times while in my 81 c10. Very few autos are guna pick up speed as fast as my shortbed. Lots of fun pissing people off and showing how stupid they can be.

How about all those and i mean tons of people that have to race to a red light???

Top Bottom