• ...and so much more!
  • Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When i bought my .40 cal Sig P250 compact i was originally looking for a Sig Pro 9mm, but had no luck finding one and i guess got alittle to anxious. While i dont blame the guys i bought it from, i do now feel like i was somewhat convinced to buy it, and rightfully so because i do believe it is a great pistol. I tried over the last couple months to give it every chance i could, but just couldn't get over the DAO trigger. I know most of the accuracy issues was because i was still getting used to the trigger, but still kept finding myself looking at the Sig Pro. Today i decided that i knew i wouldn't be happy til i got what i really wanted to begin with, so i traded the 250 in for a 9mm Sig Pro 2022. I for the most part have heard nothing but good things about them, so i hope i made the right decision. We shall see soon when i get some range time with it..cant wait. :ar15:

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How do the sigs shoot? I've heard the trigger takes some getting used to
    I dont know about the DA/SA Sig triggers, but the DAO trigger on the P250 takes some getting used to. Although i did get better with it every time out and got pretty comfortable with it, i just had my mind set on the Sig Pro. It is definitely a very smooth trigger though, but it just wasn't for me. Overall a nice shooting gun for sure, hopefully the Pro is also.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Where did you get the SP2022? I know gander has them on sale right now. I called 21st and the guy I talked had no clue what it was and couldnt find anything in his computer at all. Ranger can get them for cheaper than the sale price at Gander.

Just curious as to where you got it and if possible cost. I am wanting to buy the same gun.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Where did you get the SP2022? I know gander has them on sale right now. I called 21st and the guy I talked had no clue what it was and couldnt find anything in his computer at all. Ranger can get them for cheaper than the sale price at Gander.

Just curious as to where you got it and if possible cost. I am wanting to buy the same gun.

I got it at Gander for $429, i called all over and they are the only one that has them in stock. The one Ranger sells i believe only has contrast sights, the one Gander is selling has night sights if that matters to you.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Welcome to the 9mm world, can't wait for us to go shooting again, this time we'll make sure our schedule is plenty clear and we stock up ammo.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Gotta love Sigs. I have really adjusted to my P250 nicely. I have never been a revolver guy, so it surprises me how quickly I have taken to the P250, but I think it is just because the action is so light and smooth, regardless of how long it is. Just straight back.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Welcome to the 9mm world, can't wait for us to go shooting again, this time we'll make sure our schedule is plenty clear and we stock up ammo.
    Dont know how much stocking up will get done at first cause i am so ready to shoot it, but it will at least be a bit cheaper.

Gotta love Sigs. I have really adjusted to my P250 nicely. I have never been a revolver guy, so it surprises me how quickly I have taken to the P250, but I think it is just because the action is so light and smooth, regardless of how long it is. Just straight back.
    Definitely a smooth trigger, i feel like i adjusted to it pretty good, but just had my mind set on the Pro from the start, nothing against the 250 thats for sure.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    The DA trigger on the 250 is very nice and I almost bought one, I didn't buy it because I was afraid I will never get over the DAO trigger, I am SA/DA guy. So far I am sticking with my P226 and loving it. Still looking for a nice P229 in 9mm.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I bought the brand newest Sig Pro about a month ago. It is model #E2022-9-BSS it has the night sights,15 rd mag, stainless guide, nitron grips- comes with two sets, and has the milspec 1913 rail. I've probably got 500 to 700 rounds thru it. It is an amazing gun. Easy aquisition from holster to target. Trigger is easy to get use to at 4 lbs in single action. I carry mine every day and I love to shoot this gun. For the money you cant go wrong. I called Safariland and ordered a holster for it and 21 days later I got it, but it was for the older style of Sig Pro. Very dissapointing. They arent making the holster for the newer Sig Pro yet. Because of the milspec rail it wont fit right. Love my gun though.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    I got it at Gander for $429, i called all over and they are the only one that has them in stock. The one Ranger sells i believe only has contrast sights, the one Gander is selling has night sights if that matters to you.

<rant> The Gander Mountain stores in Indy and Greenwood were trying to sell me the contrast sight 2022 today for the $429 sale price. I told them that they needed to learn the difference between the Tritium Siglites that they are advertised with and the white paint contrast sights that they are selling. They backpedaled and said that it must have been a typo. This means that the $499 regular price that is listed is $5 above MSRP. I'm done with that place. </rant>

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    <rant> The Gander Mountain stores in Indy and Greenwood were trying to sell me the contrast sight 2022 today for the $429 sale price. I told them that they needed to learn the difference between the Tritium Siglites that they are advertised with and the white paint contrast sights that they are selling. They backpedaled and said that it must have been a typo. This means that the $499 regular price that is listed is $5 above MSRP. I'm done with that place. </rant>

It was the same in ft wayne. I looked at the one they had and it was contrast too. I ordered one from ranger for 425 and it was identical to the one at gander. Must have been a typo in the add or a screw up by sig sending them the wrong guns.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    It was the same in ft wayne. I looked at the one they had and it was contrast too. I ordered one from ranger for 425 and it was identical to the one at gander. Must have been a typo in the add or a screw up by sig sending them the wrong guns.

I'll be pointing the finger at Gander Mountain on this one.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll be pointing the finger at Gander Mountain on this one.
    Yup Gander is screwing people. My bro in law, BigDad_e875, picked his up and it was supposed to have the night sights, it had contrast ones. Pisses me off to no end. There flyer clearly states SIGLITE Night Sights. Sig's website shows MSRP:contrast ($494) and night sights ($583). They will probably just put some BS little piece of paper in the store that says sorry for the misprint, we're frickin idiots who don't really give a crap! Yeah I'm steamin if you can't tell, mainly cuz of their employees who feed you some line of crap about the screwup. Seriously considering putting Gander on my "don't shop their list".

Top Bottom