• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    What do you think the trade in value would be on a Ruger SR9c? Its in very good condition. Its the blued model not stainless and has an extra magazine with it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont bother trading in. Sell it here. You have the posts. A trade in will screw you because the shop has to make money on the sale, so you wont get what you deserve from them.

Assume its a $300 pistol. (totally random value) You can sell it for $300 yourself, or trade it in for $225. After all, the shop isnt going to give you $300, sit on it for x days/weeks/months and sell it for $300 for no profit. Reputable shops will tell you how much they will give you, and ALSO tell you that you can do better selling it yourself. I recommend doing the latter as well.

Bottom line, sell it yourself, skip the trade-in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and to more directly answer the value question, personally, I'd start at 90% of ACTUAL LGS retail if it is in like new condition. (not MSRP, not big box store pricing)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    The SR9c is getting phased out (sad, cuz it's a great gun)
    That means that prices for new are lower than before.
    As a ballpark, I'd say $325ish-$375, unless im misremembering prices. $375 might be totally reasonable, but i thought you could get new ones at that price since Ruger came out with the 'merica American pistol of American-ness

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Completed gunbroker auctions are ranging from $250-$310 for used ones. That gives you an idea of the actual value at retail. Shops will need to make a profit, so without any further info I'd guess you'll be offered in the neighborhood of $175-$200.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    My rule of thumb for something common but in good condition is local price new minus 20% equals a fair price.

THis is about the same for me. I might even say 25%, just because many local shops will have a slightly higher mark-up.
    For this Ruger specifically, it's tricky since they're phasing out the SR9 / SR9c line.
    If you find a buyer that is unaware of that fact, you could sell a bit higher ($350ish) and it is still a good gun for the money. Otherwise, I still think $300 is the ballpark to be in. You'd come out much better by selling it directly, instead of trading to a store - as was mentioned earlier.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Completed gunbroker auctions are ranging from $250-$310 for used ones. That gives you an idea of the actual value at retail. Shops will need to make a profit, so without any further info I'd guess you'll be offered in the neighborhood of $175-$200.

The squirrel with the silk yuppie tie collection is correct....As he is prone to be about such things....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Put an add in the INGO classifieds. At the same time put a WTB add in for what you are looking to buy to replace it with. Show your trade interests in both adds.

We need more active participation in the INGO classifieds.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Put an add in the INGO classifieds. At the same time put a WTB add in for what you are looking to buy to replace it with. Show your trade interests in both adds.

off topic, the classifieds here arent user friendly. Still cant figure out how to post a picture using my phone. Always ends up a link.
    Ingo is an awesome community and it has a classified section. Itd be cool if their was a way to make posting pics as easy as other classified sites. Back to topic.

dont sell to a shop unless you would sell to a pawn shop. The offers will be similar. And pawn shops are a business model built around BUY LOW sell high.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    off topic, the classifieds here arent user friendly. Still cant figure out how to post a picture using my phone. Always ends up a link.
    Ingo is an awesome community and it has a classified section. Itd be cool if their was a way to make posting pics as easy as other classified sites...

What other classifieds sites are you referring to?

I cannot help you on your phone other than suggesting to use the web browser with one of the pic hosting sites. There is ongoing discussion here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...linking-goes-away-least-me-3.html#post7175949

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What do you think the trade in value would be on a Ruger SR9c? Its in very good condition. Its the blued model not stainless and has an extra magazine with it.

If you frequent my favorite shop in town the trade in will be low. Loren is apologetic about what they are offering for trades. In fact they don't even really want them right now. New gun prices at the distributor level have gone down. Notice all the manufacturer rebates going on? It is a buyers not a sellers market and the buyers have full safes at home.

My guess is $200 at the shop.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I look at the ads here every day (since May), and have bought from individuals here, and would have bought more, but they had sold.
    2. I look at Armslist every day as well.
    3. I'm still trying to figure out how people can ask $300-$500 for the same gun.
    4. Literally, I have bought at Cabela ($300/Smith 642) and at Hoosier Armory new for less money than buying used?
    5. And, I have bought used at Marksman Shooting in Westfield (x2) and at Hoosier Armory than from individuals selling used? Seems like a shop with overhead would cost more.

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I'll probably hang on to it. It shoots great. I just saw something I thought I had to have and the Ruger hasn't been out of the cabinet in awhile. But I think I will just wait a bit.

Top Bottom