• ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    One of my favorites growing up was a tiny 1911 that was actually a keychain. The hammer could cock back and you could load a single snap cap in it.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Anyone recall a shotgun like air gun that didn't shoot projectiles but would be pumped and then just shoot air out the end of the barrel? Can't recall the name.
    Didn't take us long to realize a slight jab of the muzzle into moist dirt would make a small plug that would shoot out like a real shotgun. Eliminated a lot of bugs with that thing.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    This was my prized belt fed toy gun back in the early 80’s. 66737039-985D-4B86-A710-C59DD40D0795.jpeg
    and one of these in my surplus US holster and web belt.
    B05EDE73-7693-4025-9696-3E2E26E12CD5.jpeg
    Had a golf pencil driven onto the barrel to make it inert….it’d get me shot today to be playing army with it. Back then I never worried and wouldn’t even think to point at anyone other than my opp force friends.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone recall a shotgun like air gun that didn't shoot projectiles but would be pumped and then just shoot air out the end of the barrel? Can't recall the name.
    Didn't take us long to realize a slight jab of the muzzle into moist dirt would make a small plug that would shoot out like a real shotgun. Eliminated a lot of bugs with that thing.
    Yep, it was basically a Daisy Red Rider with no "guts" in the barrel. I had one and used it to shoot all the heads off Dad's petunias one time. And yeah, I think I did the dirt plug thing too. :):

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Man you guys had some kick ass toys! I never even got nerf guns, the only thing I got was the cap guns or a few CO2 powered air gun pistols I saved up my allowance to buy myself.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I had one of the Cork Shotguns
    Started out with a short String attaching the Cork to gun - but that broke - so you could hit targets farther away

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    And now for my favorite: Mattel Fanner 50 with shootin' bullets and Greenie stick M caps. Smoked a lot of bad guys with this when I was about 5 years old. View attachment 225273
    I had a set of Fanner's when I was younger. I also had this:

1663675142957.png

And these:

1663675330833.png

We also had these guns that shot erasers about the size of a pencil eraser. My brother and I found out they could shoot BB's so we had a fight between our bedrooms. My mom was so mad when she saw how we tore up the door trim having our "war".

Of course she never thought about us crazy boys shooting BB's at each other! Those were the days, lol.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Had a Man From Uncle Pistol with the barrel extension, skinny butstock, scope, and extended magazine. Also had a Mattel Tommy gun, like Sgt Saunders carried in Combat series. It had a spring bolt that would go bzzzzzzzt when pulled back looking for the German Army guys.Also had the similar Fanner Fifties like above. Single action cap pistols. Loved the smell of burnt caps in the mornings! Lol.

Top Bottom