Took my wife to the range for the first time...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    And we had a blast! :ar15: She was really nervous at first, but got more comfortable the more she shot.

We had a good day. We went to Pop Guns, and of course there was a long wait. I gave te guy my ID, we went and had lunch and went down to Beech Grove Firearms to inquire about a Kahr Arms PM9. They didn't have one in stock but Michelle will call me on Monday with a price. The gentleman we dealt with was very friendly. He showed me gun after gun even after I told him we we dead set on the Kahr. I look forward to doing business with them. Anyway, we head back to Pops and we are next in line for the range. We put 150 rounds through the G19 and had a great time. I can't wait to get more mags though. :D My wife was a little taken back by the recoil at first but adapted nicely. I think some basic pistol training is in order for both of us. My wife kicks ass. :rockwoot:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Hi Tuckerman, I own a CW9 Kahr and love it. They run a little cheaper than the KW and are lighter and easy to carry all day, just thought I would pass this along, always glad to see one more person into shooting sports. Gary

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    The felt recoil on the Kahr PM is noticeably more intense that the felt recoil with the Glock 19. You and your wife should really try to shoot a PM9 once or twice before committing $$ towards one. Especially if it's for her.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    The felt recoil on the Kahr PM is noticeably more intense that the felt recoil with the Glock 19. You and your wife should really try to shoot a PM9 once or twice before committing $$ towards one. Especially if it's for her.

It'll be for her but I might carry it from time to time. ;) It wouldn't be a highly used range gun. They didn't have one at Pops yesterday when we were there or I definitely would have sent a few rounds down the tube. Anyone have a PM9 they'd let me try out?

Top Bottom