• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We went to a buddy of mines place and threw a few spinnerbaits in the pond, and look what showed up. The girls had a great time.

1015615609_photobucket_56746_.jpg

1015615609_photobucket_56745_.jpg

1015615609_photobucket_56747_.jpg

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for all the positive feed back everyone. I try and do as much with them now before hanging with dad becomes taboo.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    excellent! tonight was a perfect night for fishing!

Yes it was - Took the kids back down to Atterbury again for the evening.

FWIW, Beaver Bottom (with the pier) is now heavily covered in moss/weeds now. There were also a LOT of fish floating or laying on the moss. Bluegill, bass, catfish. :noway: Yeah, nothing moving and I wasn't crazy about pulling anything from the water with that many dead things anyway.

Finally hit some action at one of the other lakes and pulled in several rock bass fingerlings and finally a couple of good sized redears/bluegills. Poor girl had a good sized one hooked but right as she was pulling it out it came off the hook. :( But it was beautiful weather, birds were out and at least there were some fish biting.

Oh, and my 7 y.o. boy was awfully proud of finally baiting his own hooks with the waxworms. :yesway: Big step for him.

All in all, a fun evening, even if I only brought home a couple of sunfish.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    +1 for the time with your kids, it's times like these that we'll hang onto well into our years. I remember someone once telling me "The things we'll remember most, won't be things at all" and after having children of my own, that saying started to make sense. My kids are just starting the fishing experiences (2yr old son, almost 4yr old daughter) and they love it. My little girl went out with us a couple times last year and has gotten great at casting already this year. My son, well he's just not quite ready yet, though he does love throwing rocks, lol.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Yes it was - Took the kids back down to Atterbury again for the evening.

FWIW, Beaver Bottom (with the pier) is now heavily covered in moss/weeds now. There were also a LOT of fish floating or laying on the moss. Bluegill, bass, catfish. :noway: Yeah, nothing moving and I wasn't crazy about pulling anything from the water with that many dead things anyway.

I found the same thing when I took my son and my friends son out there. They still got some casting practice. Hoping to find a better place out there next time.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    I found the same thing when I took my son and my friends son out there. They still got some casting practice. Hoping to find a better place out there next time.

Pisgah was much better, but we were on the South side ramp and the North wind had blown what moss and junk there was into that area. The rest of it was pretty clear. Didn't get much notice from the fish there though. Stone Arch lake was not terribly covered and we definitely saw something big busting through the surface occasionally a hundred yards or so from the shore. Looked, in silhouette, like pretty good sized bass. That was at or just just after official sunset.

Good luck

Top Bottom