• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I think he's got his license. But isn't going to drive because he thought it would be "a dick move" & an insult to the current NHRA drivers.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think he's got his license. But isn't going to drive because he thought it would be "a dick move" & an insult to the current NHRA drivers.
    I know he did get licensed when he went to the Frank Hawley school, I think for Super Comp dragsters. Then started making some license runs in Leah's car but I haven't heard if he has completed the process or not. He very well may have though.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Time Ticking Down Until Stewart’s Top Fuel Debut​

Thanks for necroing this thread, I had completely forgotten about it. Seeing the mouse had posted in it makes me a bit nostalgic. May his soul rest in peace.

Now, I believe there will be two camps to this recent development at TSR: Those that think it is a great move for Smoke, and those that will say it was planned all along.

For those playing at home, Tony and Leah got married. Last year Tony ran an alcohol car (I believe that is right) for another team and had a great year, missing the championship by some .000 something seconds. Leah went to the final Top Fuel race for the championship and lost to a well deserved veteran. Matt Hagan won the Funny Car title. A great year all around for the Tony Stewart brand.

And then, Leah announced she was pregnant....

So after some brew ha ha, denials, and urging by Leah, Tony will be taking her seat in her Top Fuel dragster. It's history in the making.

You know, Smoke is just like his hero, the GOAT, Anthony Joseph Foyt, he can win in anything.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for necroing this thread, I had completely forgotten about it. Seeing the mouse had posted in it makes me a bit nostalgic. May his soul rest in peace.

Now, I believe there will be two camps to this recent development at TSR: Those that think it is a great move for Smoke, and those that will say it was planned all along.

For those playing at home, Tony and Leah got married. Last year Tony ran an alcohol car (I believe that is right) for another team and had a great year, missing the championship by some .000 something seconds. Leah went to the final Top Fuel race for the championship and lost to a well deserved veteran. Matt Hagan won the Funny Car title. A great year all around for the Tony Stewart brand.

And then, Leah announced she was pregnant....

So after some brew ha ha, denials, and urging by Leah, Tony will be taking her seat in her Top Fuel dragster. It's history in the making.

You know, Smoke is just like his hero, the GOAT, Anthony Joseph Foyt, he can win in anything.
    This is all very accurate, except Leah did not announce she was pregnant. They announced they are trying to have a baby. She has some condition that could make it very difficult though. That's what she said at PRI back in December anyway.
    Also, she just drove her fuel car at Bradenton a couple weeks ago at the PRO Series event. When it was announced Tony would be competing full time in her car this year, she said she would still be driving at the PRO race.

Tony has done a phenomenal job driving the alcohol dragster and I suspect he will do just fine in the fuel car.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This is all very accurate, except Leah did not announce she was pregnant. They announced they are trying to have a baby. She has some condition that could make it very difficult though. That's what she said at PRI back in December anyway.
    Also, she just drove her fuel car at Bradenton a couple weeks ago at the PRO Series event. When it was announced Tony would be competing full time in her car this year, she said she would still be driving at the PRO race.

Tony has done a phenomenal job driving the alcohol dragster and I suspect he will do just fine in the fuel car.
    Thanks for that correction. I was wondering how she drove at the PRO event.

Top Bottom