• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Palmetto had these on sale. I resisted buying one for a couple weeks but finally gave in. I took it out today to try it out. I didn’t think to take a variety of ammo, just a box of Winchester white box 2 3/4” 1 1/8 3dram. I ran 20 rounds through it but not a single one fully cycled the action. Every round failed to eject. I brought it home and fully disassembled it. Everything was very clean and smooth. It seemed to have a small bit of lube. I went ahead and cleaned and relubed everything and reassembled. Feels the same to me as before.
    I would think ammo shouldn’t matter that much as I’ve used this same ammo in my Beretta A300 and A400.

Any ideas?
    Thanks, Matt
    IMG_1136.jpeg

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ammo will likely matter - until it gets worn in, anyhow.

I'd send some Remington slugs and whatever buckshot you can to loosen it up. I say Remington because I hate shooting those out of my pumps(too harsh recoil ), and my CZ712 took to them way better than target loads.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Ammo will likely matter - until it gets worn in, anyhow.

I'd send some Remington slugs and whatever buckshot you can to loosen it up. I say Remington because I hate shooting those out of my pumps(too harsh recoil ), and my CZ712 took to them way better than target loads.
    I’ll see what I have in stock and run a few more boxes through it!

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Does that there manual have any guidance about what to feed it or adjustable gas settings for different loads? :):
    Nothing in the manual. I’d skimmed it beforehand then read it closer after the range trip. I haven’t been able to get over to the range since the first time. I’ve bought several different boxes to try. I saw one review that said to use high brass but that stuff is rare at lgs and expensive!I hope I can get out one day this week.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Nothing in the manual. I’d skimmed it beforehand then read it closer after the range trip. I haven’t been able to get over to the range since the first time. I’ve bought several different boxes to try. I saw one review that said to use high brass but that stuff is rare at lgs and expensive!I hope I can get out one day this week.
    well that's a shame and a waste of paper then. I'm not sure where 3 dram falls on the load spectrum but I've always heard to use hot stuff on new semi-auto shotguns too.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    well that's a shame and a waste of paper then. I'm not sure where 3 dram falls on the load spectrum but I've always heard to use hot stuff on new semi-auto shotguns too.
    3 dram is pretty much all I see on the shelves. I’ve been using the same ammo on my Beretta A-300 and A-400 without any issues. Hopefully it just needs a bit of break in as I’d really like it to be my nightstand shotty but it’s gonna have to get a whole lot more reliable!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Not an expert but I know some of the 12GA bullpups want hot buckshot loads for a "break in" period. RIA and Keltec come to mind. YMMV.

Good luck, it is a nice looking gun!

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I’ve gotten trigger time now on about 4 different “tactical” turkish autoloaders and sorry to say that they all have been that way.

IMG_4771.jpeg

But the traditional style Turkish autoloaders under the CZ and Charles daly name I’ve seen much better reliability.

Some of the Turks say “it needs several hundred rounds of 3 inch to break in”

IMG_4770.jpeg

Okay so we tried that in multiple of the tactical Turks and it’s just so violent on my 5 foot 7 frame that I just have no interest in getting to the end of the break in period.

IMG_4772.jpeg

Maybe find a linebacker of a friend and give him an ammo can of 3 inch chiropractor specials. With luck you’ll have a reliable gun afterward. I really do hope you can get it reliable and enjoy the thing. Regrettably none in my circle have attained that yet.

Last edited:

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I've got an IWI Tavor TS12 and they recommend running 1200 fps minimum velocity shells and say there's like a 300-400 round break in before it'll run well with lighter loads. I was running some slower stuff, around 1150 and it would fail to cycle once every 20 or so rounds. Slugs and anything with a higher speed never had any issues. I've got a few hundred through it now and the slower stuff does cycle more reliably.

Gonna have to bite the bullet I think and just pump some rounds through it. Hopefully that's all it takes.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've got an IWI Tavor TS12 and they recommend running 1200 fps minimum velocity shells and say there's like a 300-400 round break in before it'll run well with lighter loads. I was running some slower stuff, around 1150 and it would fail to cycle once every 20 or so rounds. Slugs and anything with a higher speed never had any issues. I've got a few hundred through it now and the slower stuff does cycle more reliably.

Gonna have to bite the bullet I think and just pump some rounds through it. Hopefully that's all it takes.
    I hope that’s all it takes. Maybe can get out in the next couple days.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This right here.

My dad bought some cheap semi auto from RK. It says 400rds of high velocity full power loads.
    So we ran 3" Steel T shot. It hated all 200rds of it. After we got done with those it's been eating anything 2 3/4" now.
    Still doesn't like 3" at all.
    So definitely needs a break in period.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This right here.

My dad bought some cheap semi auto from RK. It says 400rds of high velocity full power loads.
    So we ran 3" Steel T shot. It hated all 200rds of it. After we got done with those it's been eating anything 2 3/4" now.
    Still doesn't like 3" at all.
    So definitely needs a break in period.
    I have been looking at these bullpup 12GAs for about a month now...several different brands.

One thing that has come up in a couple of YT videos has been the allegation that Turks and Euros in general use "higher powered" ammo than we Yanks do, with the reason given that it is a legal issue. (Like American companies not wanting to risk "full power" ammo)

I have zero knowledge of the reality of this, but I suppose if they need the spring to "break in" it might make sense to require hotter loads. Who knnows?

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    The shotgun comes with a heavier “piston” that is to be used with loads 1 1/4oz and heavier. I thought about trying some 1 1/4oz with the standard piston to see if that makes any difference. I don’t have any in stock and didn’t find any at the last gun shop I was at.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I just came home from the range. I ran 100rds through it today. I had 2 boxes of Federal, a box of Winchester white like I tried initially and another box that I can’t remember what it was but it was an off brand. Started with the random box and ran 4-5 rounds without any ejections, having to manually eject the shell but then I got a clean ejection but it failed to pickup the next round. I kept shooting and it seemed to get a little better. I don’t know if it really helped but I tried really holding hard into my shoulder thinking kinda like avoiding limp wristing a pistol. It seemed better but not really sure. I got into the Winchester box with little success on it. I stopped shooting it after 20 rounds. I switched up to the federal and it started working pretty consistently. I went through the last box of federal without any failures so that was awesome. I loaded up those last 5 Winchesters. On those last five I got one full cycle, one ejection but failed to load the next round and three failed ejections.
    At least now there is hope for it! I’ll avoid Winchester in it for a while and stick with the Federal. I’ll take it out again probably next week for another 100 rounds. My shoulder needs a break for a bit!

Later, Matt

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I've got a Turkish bullpup. Mine doesn't come with a heavy and a light buffer.
    When I took mine "out of the box" as an initial test, buck functioned 100%...only 35-40 shells...
    Cheap target loads would fire and eject 100% but it wouldn't pick up the next round intermittently.

After cleaning, oiling, and well....as suggested by a lot of bullpup chatter, I left the bolt locked open until the next time I was able to try again...

Next outing was 100% functionality with cheap Winchester target loads on up...

Mine is the Landor Arms gen3 which has very little info out there, bad customer service reported, very mixed reviews of what little is out there...but I love mine!

Lots of people claim leaving the action locked open will speed up the "break in" process.. I don't know, I seem to have gotten one that worked pretty well initially and didn't take much to make me trust it.

Mine came with a case exactly like the one in your pic with extra chokes (Mobil) and a choke wrench. In fact your pic looks very similar to my Landor Arms pup. 20210701_123812.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom