• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Today is remembered as the day the Greatest Generation was forced to cement their title. Dad was Army in the Pacific, New Guinea, uncle Army N Africa, uncle Navy Pacific and father in law Army D-Day and the European Campaign. I was blessed. All came home and continued their lives. Shame you hear less and less about Pearl Harbor in the news.
    Uncle Frank on the left, dad on the right.
    40BB8D37-2AFE-4BA4-94CC-DA5232BAFE59.jpeg

Last edited:

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Thank you for the Post & Glad all Yours came home Safely.
    I was also fortunate that All my Relatives came home safe (including 1 Uncle after spending a year as a POW of the Nazi's in Poland-his B-17 was Shot Down)
    We won't Know them All, but we Surely Owe them All.
    Godspeed to all that Didn't make it home & especially those still entombed in the USS Arizona at Pearl.
    Prayers for their Families.

Terry A

Marksman
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    NWI
    My Grandmother had 4 boys all in combat zones, 2 in the Army and 2 in the Airforce, 3 made it home, my Uncle Don was shot down flying a P38 night fighter, I cant imagine how my Grandmother felt with all 4 of her sons in the war. I just remarked to my wife, this is Pearl Harbor day and I heard nothing on the news

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    It is truly sad that we now have multiple generations that know little about Pearl harbor. Though my children's generation and I have our own, 9/11, Pearl harbor was far more disruptive to our nation, and ultimately resulted in a far higher price to secure our continued Liberty.

May the Lord grant his grace and peace on all those who served during world war II and especially those who stood on the wall, and paid the ultimate price for our freedom, at Pearl harbor.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Thanks for posting this reminder. Tony Katz made note of this day on his morning broadcast. There is a need to remember what sacrifices were made for us not so long ago.

My father, the oldest of three brothers served with the Army Corp of Engineers in the PTO but came of age late enough in the war he never saw action. He did serve in the occupation of Japan.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I was just thinking earlier today
    ... I just remarked to my wife, this is Pearl Harbor day and I heard nothing on the news

Fox has their history articles pretty regularly and captured it today. I think that's the only place I saw it.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Perhaps maybe all the woke idiots in this country should take a moment of silence and thank the Greatest Generation for the country we still have! May God Bless all those who have fallen in service to the United States of America. Peace!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While I had relatives that served in WW2, and came home, I always remembered my grandfather's story about volunteering after Pearl harbor. He was told that he was going to serve in another, but important way. Being a top shelf tool and die man at GM he was shuttled from factory to factory around the country getting businesses that made other products changed over to war production.

In an incredibility short amount of time this country became a war economy producing innovation, numbers and quality that was far beyond the comprehension of both our enemies and allies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yup, like Leadeye's father used his skills, my father used his skills (draftsman) on the Great Lakes, to build submarines.
    He and my mother lived in a barracks-like structure in Manitowoc, WI through the war years.
    The entire country pulled together to accomplish an eventual victory.

R.I.P. 2,403 :patriot:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    My father was in the South Pacific as a tail gunner in an SBD, I had 1 uncle in the Army in Europe and he was in the Bulge battle, and another uncle that was a Marine in the Pacific. Thankfully all of themcame home.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My father joined right after Pearl Harbor and was on his way to basic training by the end of the month. He volunteer to be a paratrooper but because he was a farmer and knew how to work on tractors he was sent to aircraft mechanic school at Kelly Field instead. Spent more than three years in the Pacific and didn’t come home until well after the Japanese surrendered. Stayed with the Air Force in some form for the rest of his life. Absent WWII I would’ve been a farmer‘s kid instead of having an Air Force career of my own.

Top Bottom