• ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I say go for it.
    Every gun company makes a lemon now and then...along with alot of good ones.
    I remember when Taurus came out with their low buck 1911-all the ninneys said "beware, can't be anything but junk" my buddy bought 1 and it's still running strong.
    Then there's Hi-Point...reliable×3...
    Some people say glock is spelled "crap". To many people base their options on 1 bad apple.
    Buy the pistol.
    In todays market your options are going to be limited. You get one and it does not suit you there is always the resale option with full disclosure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got a Tisas 1911A1 a little over a year ago for $375. Fit and finish are fine, both inside and out. The trigger is smooth, but kind of heavy. About two months after I got it, everything shut down for the virus, so I've only got about 2000 rounds through it. I had one FTF after about 40 rounds, but I'm pretty sure it was a magazine issue, because it happened with one of my more worn out mags. Other than that one, it's been flawless with 230 gr FMJ (WWB and some WWII surplus) and with Federal HST.
    I figured someone would chime in with a positive on this.
    Like any other entry level pistol in any brand there are enough out there that are stellar operators.

Its almost unfair that I even respond to these and most likely will not in future. I have set the bar for the 1911 at what I find acceptable in my world. Does not have to be a Dan Wesson Valor though I do have one. Love it by the way. But even the very acceptable Ruger SR series is no longer a piece I will consider. I have owned several and seriously modded a few of them with great success. nd I know many who EDC them as they are trustworthy. It is the Metallurgy they use. Just not to my liking. Not singling that gun line out as again, I had zero reliability issues with any I owned. Just stating my opinions on these entry level 1911's are not fair to those who may be budget constrained and want a 1911.
    I have seen a resurgence in interest to this gun and smile for it.

Have fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I say go for it.
    Every gun company makes a lemon now and then...along with alot of good ones.
    I remember when Taurus came out with their low buck 1911-all the ninneys said "beware, can't be anything but junk" my buddy bought 1 and it's still running strong.
    Then there's Hi-Point...reliable×3...
    Some people say glock is spelled "crap". To many people base their options on 1 bad apple.
    Buy the pistol.
    I think someone just called me a "Ninny"..................:lmfao:

I had a Taurus and It Totally Sucked.....:P

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Speaking of Dan Wesson. I own a Vigil and a Valor is on the way. I recognize that there are those who don't have them in their budget so there's no knock on what they can afford.

I also own a Ruger SR. I like it and went a step up with DW when I could afford to do so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Speaking of Dan Wesson. I own a Vigil and a Valor is on the way. I recognize that there are those who don't have them in their budget so there's no knock on what they can afford.

I also own a Ruger SR. I like it and went a step up with DW when I could afford to do so.
    In my reference to the SR1911 line up I meant no disrespect to the model or anyone that owns on or 5 of these.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not even close to defenseless! Also not the best choice for most applications. Of course just my 2 cents!
    How many rounds do you think are fired in a typical encounter with a firearm? More than 8-10?

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Here’s a picture of my girlfriend’s SDS/Tisas 1911, next to my beloved Beretta 92fs. This was shortly after her 1911’s very first range visit and first rounds shot!
    1911_92fspojf6.png

Yesterday we went down South of 30 to my mom’s house, which is on 40 acres. We set up a makeshift range against a huge sand dune from when they dug up a pond on the property. My mom and stepfather are hoarders, so my stepfather walked around the property and we found lots of cans and plastic bottles to shoot, plus a huge sheet of industrial cardboard to staple targets to.

After all was said and done, my girlfriend put ~125 rounds through her 1911 and there wasn’t a single problem! She’s super happy with it. She certainly couldn’t afford something @churchmouse would approve of, but now, I fear, she has a new love. Haha!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here’s a picture of my girlfriend’s SDS/Tisas 1911, next to my beloved Beretta 92fs. This was shortly after her 1911’s very first range visit and first rounds shot!

Yesterday we went down South of 30 to my mom’s house, which is on 40 acres. We set up a makeshift range against a huge sand dune from when they dug up a pond on the property. My mom and stepfather are hoarders, so my stepfather walked around the property and we found lots of cans and plastic bottles to shoot, plus a huge sheet of industrial cardboard to staple targets to.

After all was said and done, my girlfriend put ~125 rounds through her 1911 and there wasn’t a single problem! She’s super happy with it. She certainly couldn’t afford something @churchmouse would approve of, but now, I fear, she has a new love. Haha!
    No visible pic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not even close to defenseless! Also not the best choice for most applications. Of course just my 2 cents!
    Its the best for me.
    Muscle memory and a complete understanding of the platform. No thought involved at all in putting it into play for any reason.

But I do understand the mind set.

JTL165

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 26, 2020
    Central
    How many rounds do you think are fired in a typical encounter with a firearm? More than 8-10?
    I would never bank on an encounter being typical. Also capacity was not mentioned.

Same old argument 1911 v double stacked pistol. Magazine capacity, reliability (or the cost to buy reliability), weight, concealability of other guns with same capacity etc....

The 1911 will always have a fan base. I personally love them. They are easier to shoot accurately, have a great history, and appealing to the eye. They are however past their time in my opinion.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Tisas = hard no

rock island, I have heard that they bought all of colts old machinery used for the original 1911’s when colt was modernizing. They then shipped all the equipment to the phillipenes and retooled to run great again. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE THOUGH.
    I own some rock island pieces. Solid solid work. I would go rock island 10x before some others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is the first, and last time, I use the forum's image uploader, rather than using my own host. :(

I've corrected the post now.
    I have zero issues using the sites system to post a pic.
    I am on a laptop if that makes a difference.
    If you are having issues PM me please. Here to help.

Top Bottom