• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Side burner on your grill, do you use it?

• Total voters

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I tore apart my 5 (?) year old Char Broil grill today to see what parts I need to replace. To do it right would cost me $265 for repacement parts from Char Broil. None are 'off the shelf' replacements. So... time for a new grill. I really like the Weber Genesis E-310 but $700 is too much to talk the wife into.:rolleyes: Another Char Broil? It was a nice grill while it lasted. Any suggestions out there? I don't need a monster 4 burner, 3 is enough and I don't want a side burner.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I tore apart my 5 (?) year old Char Broil grill today to see what parts I need to replace. To do it right would cost me $265 for repacement parts from Char Broil. None are 'off the shelf' replacements. So... time for a new grill. I really like the Weber Genesis E-310 but $700 is too much to talk the wife into.:rolleyes: Another Char Broil? It was a nice grill while it lasted. Any suggestions out there? I don't need a monster 4 burner, 3 is enough and I don't want a side burner.

If you buy a WEBER it's will last a long time, I got my WEBER used 10 years ago & I don't know how long the first owners had it & it's still going strong:rockwoot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have a weber performer and love it. Got tired of buying gas grill parts. The performer uses very little charcoal and it just tastes better.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I had one on my last grill and used it ONE time. You will all be proud, I cooked up a home-brew parkerizing mixture to coat an AK I refinished.

Never used it for food.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I know it's not the answer you are looking for, but you should seriously consider switching to charcoal.

It takes a bit longer to get the grill ready, but the difference in flavor is well worth it.

Also, get a Weber. They can be had for under $100

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't even know if I have a side burner, because it seems like a waste of gas to me.

As far as the Weber goes..I've been watching them on Amazon (Genesis 310 and Spirit 310), and they were on sale a few weeks ago. IIRC, the Genesis was down in the mid $500 range and the Spirit was in the High $400 range.

I wasn't ready to buy, so I left them in my cart, and just waiting for another sale.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I m on my second Weber, The first was a Genisis Silver LP which lasted me 12 years, My step son still uses it. I now have a Genisis SE Natural gas. I use it year round and love it. The side burner he very handy for sauces, side dishes, or the occasional ingredient that needs to be sauted before putting it on the grill with other items. ie mexican pizza, bbq sauce, mushrooms and onions if the grill is full of steak.

I'm pro side burner
    besides if you don't ever use it, it doesn't eat anything after the purchase price of the grill.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I am charcoal all day long, i used a nice gas grill for one year and gave it away and never turned back :)

But if you are buying a gas grill i say save the money on the side burner just use ths stove and save the extra gas you would use up on it.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    I grill 9 months out of the year, go with the weber. They outlast most grills.

weber.jpg

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Lowes has a stainless steel/black GrillMaster 4 burner with side burner on sale for $149.99 without tank. I bought one for my Mom yesterday and they are really nice.

044376281069lg.jpg

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Here's my thoughts on grills if any of you care. They are consumorable goods (a word I made up) just like cell phones. The cheaply made ones are made to fail no matter how well you take care of them. The manufacturer's want you to go buy a new 1 ever other year. So instead of that, buy the best one that you can afford that has the most amount of stainless steel hardware in it. You'll be glad you did.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Here's my thoughts on grills if any of you care. They are consumorable goods (a word I made up) just like cell phones. The cheaply made ones are made to fail no matter how well you take care of them. The manufacturer's want you to go buy a new 1 ever other year. So instead of that, buy the best one that you can afford that has the most amount of stainless steel hardware in it. You'll be glad you did.
    Or porcelain coated. Kenmore has a few nice ones.
    But nothing beats a Weber, not even my truck. Have hit it at least three times and it still hasn't managed to rust all the way thru.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Aussie Grills are good too. They are USA made in Tennessee. Check out their website Welcome to Aussie Grills or you can find them at Menards too.

By the way, not all stainless steel is made the same. If you get the cheap stuff it will rust. But I'm sure you guys knew that already.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have a cheap charcoal grill now, and love the flavor, but hate the prep when I am feeling lazy, lol.

I saw a two sided grill at Wal Mart, one side charcoal, the other gas, THAT is my next grill for sure.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I am a poor grad student, and just use a cheap hand-me-down grill. But my dad has a Weber stainless one hooked up to the house's gas line on the deck. That thing is awesome. And not having to mess with charcoal or refilling LP tanks is really nice too.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive had one for 10 years at least. Only turned it on once or twice to make sure it worked. Never cooked or heated anything on it.

Top Bottom