• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'll recommend the regular Ruger American. The Precision is the exact same rifle with a different stock and a few minor tweaks. Not worth the extra $ especially if you plan on doing much in the way of mods. They've got a good reputation for accuracy over at Rimfire Central, and the one I had was just slightly over 1 MOA with it's favorite ammo on a dead calm day.

Also, what do you consider a tack driver? Plenty of rifles made in 22WMR capable of fine accuracy, problem is there is not really much, if any, match grade ammo.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll recommend the regular Ruger American. The Precision is the exact same rifle with a different stock and a few minor tweaks. Not worth the extra $ especially if you plan on doing much in the way of mods. They've got a good reputation for accuracy over at Rimfire Central, and the one I had was just slightly over 1 MOA with it's favorite ammo on a dead calm day.

Also, what do you consider a tack driver? Plenty of rifles made in 22WMR capable of fine accuracy, problem is there is not really much, if any, match grade ammo.
    I recall I could keep the groups the size of a nickel at 50 yards on a good day, a quarter on a bad one with my 93 back in the day.

The more I research the American/Precision, the more the 93 stands out.

Architect

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    CZ makes my favorite rimfire bolt actions. I've had 452s and 455s. Personally, I would save a little longer and get a CZ455 for your 22WMR needs.

Top Bottom