Not open for further replies.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    The other thing is there is a lot of information that can be extrapolated from data, even mundane shopping data can give critical data about our infrastructure with enough samples and a large enough computer. You'd be surprised how organized chaos can be. They have AI generators that can generate imaginary people in the style of any classical painter with just a few words as a prompt. They were able to do that with many samples of different art, images, data.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I believe there comes a time when we need to say enough is enough. We have many social media network programs that we absolutely know are dangerous in many ways. This particular program is owned and run by an enemy of the USA. They have infiltrated our air space, our land and our psyche. How do we know the depth of their spying? We get somewhat upset when their spy ballon’s fly over the US but we embrace their social media program that do just as much harm if not more.

I feel there comes as time when we take a stand. Parents have failed to protect their children from the woke school system, healthcare providers and other social programs. This is just another platform to indoctrinate children; and others. Why do we, as a society, not take responsibility to protect ourselves and our children?
    While i agree to an extent, its the parents job to monitor your children and keep an eye on what they are doing. My daughters cell phone is linked to mine. I open an app and it shows every app she has accessed and how much time. I can look at her messages, phone calls, and search history from my phone. Helicopter parent? Maybe.

I dont think spying on a guy dancing to justin bieber on tiktok is a huge threat, especially when the government has done nothing about a congressman banging a chinese spy. We are going to ban tiktok but allow a member of government to sleep with a spy?

Always be skeptical of our government. I think since tiktok is not owned by a US company, they cannot force them to delete posts and control the information it allows, and they cant allow people to have the freedom to share information, so they banned it. They can control facebook. Look at the 2020 election and covid, how many posts were forced to be removed and flagged as misinformation… i truly believe that is why they banned it.

Hunter Biden is snorting coke off of a chinese spys belly button while sleepy Joe is misplacing documents all over the country and a congressman is sleeping with a chinese spy… that seems more of a threat than a guy browsing tik tok while sitting on the toilet.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    The other thing is there is a lot of information that can be extrapolated from data, even mundane shopping data can give critical data about our infrastructure with enough samples and a large enough computer. You'd be surprised how organized chaos can be. They have AI generators that can generate imaginary people in the style of any classical painter with just a few words as a prompt. They were able to do that with many samples of different art, images, data.
    It's insane the capabilities of tech! My wife is in IT and software development she tells me even your laptop knows everything about you which means Microsoft does too. If you have a bank account or been to a doctor, your health and financial info is in the systems. Tech will be downfall of humanity bc evil greedy people run it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Just look at how many companies/government systems are breached from the inside by social engineering. Get a user to click some official looking innocuous email link and the fun begins. This "app" disguised as a social media platform is the same thing, get your enemy to mine your data for you from the inside. It should be treated as the hostile software weapon it is and should be either brought under our control or cleaned from our systems permanently. It is the software equivalent to making a nuclear weapon and how many here would agree banning nucs to civilians is a 2A infringement (I don't)?

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    While i agree to an extent, its the parents job to monitor your children and keep an eye on what they are doing. My daughters cell phone is linked to mine. I open an app and it shows every app she has accessed and how much time. I can look at her messages, phone calls, and search history from my phone. Helicopter parent? Maybe.

I dont think spying on a guy dancing to justin bieber on tiktok is a huge threat, especially when the government has done nothing about a congressman banging a chinese spy. We are going to ban tiktok but allow a member of government to sleep with a spy?

Always be skeptical of our government. I think since tiktok is not owned by a US company, they cannot force them to delete posts and control the information it allows, and they cant allow people to have the freedom to share information, so they banned it. They can control facebook. Look at the 2020 election and covid, how many posts were forced to be removed and flagged as misinformation… i truly believe that is why they banned it.

Hunter Biden is snorting coke off of a chinese spys belly button while sleepy Joe is misplacing documents all over the country and a congressman is sleeping with a chinese spy… that seems more of a threat than a guy browsing tik tok while sitting on the toilet.
    You get it!

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Just look at how many companies/government systems are breached from the inside by social engineering. Get a user to click some official looking innocuous email link and the fun begins. This "app" disguised as a social media platform is the same thing, get your enemy to mine your data for you from the inside. It should be treated as the hostile software weapon it is and should be either brought under our control or cleaned from our systems permanently. It is the software equivalent to making a nuclear weapon and how many here would agree banning nucs to civilians is a 2A infringement (I don't)?
    A bit extreme ya think? Didn't know tiktok vaporized millionsof people. :lmfao:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I don't get it. You can't throw a rock in this country without hitting something made in China after we gave all of our jobs to them, but somehow this is where we draw the line. Its almost like there was an accident at CERN and we have been transported to bizarro world.
    There is definitely ulterior motives behind this push. The national security approach (which I do believe this software is a security threat) is being dangled as an excuse, likely as a poison pill of sorts.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    TikTok is not a good platform, IMO. Is banning the answer, I do not know. I am ignorant when it comes IT / computer stuff at the level we are talking about. Is there a way to stop all this “bad” that goes on in these platforms? We hear about all the cyber attacks our enemies are throwing our way and how we seemingly cannot stop them; yet we do not want to stop tiktok?

If we cannot stop the attacks, the spying that goes on then can we stop the software? Why in the world are we, would we give our enemy another platform to spy and attack?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    A bit extreme ya think? Didn't know tiktok vaporized millionsof people. :lmfao:
    It won't, but a single nuke going off in a major city would be likely less catastrophic than giving the keys to the kingdom to our adversaries. Tik Tok may not be literally giving launch codes and Pentagon secrets, but again you'd be surprised what can be extrapolated from data. All the way from kids posting cat videos to engineers showing off the newest cloaking technology in a lab. At the very least, this software should be banned on any military bases, defense contractor factories, government offices, any component in infrastructure, etc.

Again this is a tricky ski slope.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    All this talk about security breaches by opening a link or such is ABSOLUTELY nothing new, but because China is attached to said app, then it's a problem. These issues started back in the 80s, maybe to 70s when dial-up modems became available. Then emailing started and most of you have no idea how easy that was to hack someones system.. times changed into APPS and all the spam/spyware programs integrated in regular unsuspecting programs that needed special software programs to get rid of. Viruses also became the normal problems. Every thing linked to social media platforms are no different from each other. They all contain the same information gathering software regardless if you call it spying or whatever. Also, i don't get this big concern over AI all of a sudded. It's not close to being new. It has been out for a few decades now, only a bit more advanced. AI in standards of being new is the same as say Microsoft starting with windows95 and advancement to windows11.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I use social media for business. Organic and paid ads. On Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.

My children have 0 access to those programs, not smart phones, nor computers or TV without us in the same room monitoring the content.

Used to let them watch YouTube, but even with us sitting there, too much stuff with slip in before we could stop it.

It’s just like the abortion debate. Or the trans debate. Or war on drugs.

We are fighting the effect, not the cause.

Broken homes, absentee fathers, hedonistic daily choices.

That’s the root problem.

We get mad about government overreach and rightly so, but Solomon said “For the transgression of the land many are the princes thereof…”

Our form of government only works for a religious people.

You take away the foundation and the government is forced to change and usurp more and more authority.

We get the government we deserve.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    There is definitely ulterior motives behind this push. The national security approach (which I do believe this software is a security threat) is being dangled as an excuse, likely as a poison pill of sorts.
    There is chinese collusion or dirt im sure and they want to squash it

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I use social media for business. Organic and paid ads. On Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.

My children have 0 access to those programs, not smart phones, nor computers or TV without us in the same room monitoring the content.

Used to let them watch YouTube, but even with us sitting there, too much stuff with slip in before we could stop it.

It’s just like the abortion debate. Or the trans debate. Or war on drugs.

We are fighting the effect, not the cause.

Broken homes, absentee fathers, hedonistic daily choices.

That’s the root problem.

We get mad about government overreach and rightly so, but Solomon said “For the transgression of the land many are the princes thereof…”

Our form of government only works for a religious people.

You take away the foundation and the government is forced to change and usurp more and more authority.

We get the government we deserve.
    Damn you drove that nail home with one hit on the head!! Well said!

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    It won't, but a single nuke going off in a major city would be likely less catastrophic than giving the keys to the kingdom to our adversaries. Tik Tok may not be literally giving launch codes and Pentagon secrets, but again you'd be surprised what can be extrapolated from data. All the way from kids posting cat videos to engineers showing off the newest cloaking technology in a lab. At the very least, this software should be banned on any military bases, defense contractor factories, government offices, any component in infrastructure, etc.

Again this is a tricky ski slope.
    I 1000% agree! I dont think any unsecured device should be anywhere close to a military facility. And would say copies of the keys to the kingdom has been passed out to several other nations at this point!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom