• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'd fight that. iPod <> Television set. Not by any legal definition.

There have been bills introduced that attempted to change the wording from "television set" to "video screen". Since those bills did not pass, I would argue that the law very specifically means TV set.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hope he fights it, too. What he was doing was no different than a cops dashcam or someone using a video camera attached to the dash. Sounds like another revenue enhancement scheme gone awry.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He had that thing in a bad place, right in the middle of the windshield. That creates a blind spot. No one should have crap in the middle of their windshield's like that.

Not sure if I think it deserves a ticket or not. A warning probably would have sufficed. Tell him to move it someplace less obstructive to his vision.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    He had that thing in a bad place, right in the middle of the windshield. That creates a blind spot. No one should have crap in the middle of their windshield's like that.

Not sure if I think it deserves a ticket or not. A warning probably would have sufficed. Tell him to move it someplace less obstructive to his vision.

So how do you know it created a blind spot were you there? Are you suggesting rearview mirror creates a blind spot?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

So how do you know it created a blind spot were you there? Are you suggesting rearview mirror creates a blind spot?

The video at the link shows it's location.

I'm not sure if tubby is tall enough for it to be a real blind spot at that height, lol.

The code is very specific, the idiot who wrote him the ticket should have trumped up something else.

It's an easy win in court. Down side is, time wasted having to fight it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I watched the video. It was right in the middle of the windshield. I doubt it wouldn't cause a blind spot for most people.

ipod.png

The mirror is at the top of the windshield. Thus for most people it does not create a blind spot.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    So you don't have a problem with the GPS on the LH side of the windshield?

What about the airfreshener directly behind the camera?

What is your opinion on graduation tassels and fuzzy dice?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So you don't have a problem with the GPS on the LH side of the windshield?

What about the airfreshener directly behind the camera?

What is your opinion on graduation tassels and fuzzy dice?
    I would have none of that on my windshield. I think it is irresponsible and dangerous to have. People get in their cars today and pay little enough attention to their driving. Having their view blocked by all of that crap only makes it worse.

You can see he has another device on there as well in the bottom picture.

That doesn't mean I think the police need to be pulling over every car that has them though.

fwgun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Indiana law does not allow any use of electronic devices when you are using "texting" type of motions to the screen i believe. Ipod & iphone are basically the same. a distraction. You probably could fight it and maybe win though.

Top Bottom