• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    WAIT.......... shhhhh ........ LISTEN............. sure got quiet around here...... maybe we got too silly........ I hardly ever get accused of being silly.....

you don't have to take everything I say personally, nice to know I was being paid attention to though.

Any chance this thread gets back on topic ans stays there? you know the whole women can't handle a semi auto thing should provide plenty of enertainment on its own.

YouTube - Julie Goloski 2006 USPSA & IPSC Review

Last edited:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    GROAN.... Jeremiah......

women can't handle a semi auto tings should provide plenty of entertainment on its own.

STUPID, IS NOT ENTERTAINING... IT'S TOO BE FELT SORRY FOR. ahhh...... hold off on that until I get to see the vid. I can't open those on this connection...........

Last edited:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I just wonder if anyone ever told HER that girls can't work a semi auto.

Sad thing is, "someone" probably told her that, and enough OTHER folks told her otherwise, that her confidence rose to allow her to perform at the level that I imagine is demonstrated in the video.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Sad thing is, "someone" probably told her that, and enough OTHER folks told her otherwise, that her confidence rose to allow her to perform at the level that I imagine is demonstrated in the video.

Yeah, and someone told my sister once that she would never be a nurse. She's been the head of a major local hospital's ICU for over 25 years now. Oh, and she does all the teaching on any new equipment that is developed and has been awarded instructor of the year several times. :D Sista's rock!

Determination to prove someone wrong can be a very powerful thing.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Determination to prove someone wrong can be a very powerful thing

Absolutely..... and that can result in even greater rewards..... not only proving someone wrong, but attaining higher levels of proficiency than the individual aspired to in the first place.....

I couldn't have figured out how to say that without the chocolate...... :D

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Did you happen to notice what a fix all those Barbies were in?

DSC01062.jpg

Nothing but broken and dismembered barbies flung in a pile. Just goes to show what can happen when there's no Ken to moderate all that estrogen. Must have been a really bad case of "synchronization". Looked like one of them's got their head on a pike.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Zoub/DSC01029.jpg

The Barbies were liberated by my GF from a Goodwill store. It was her first big shoot so to speak. We shot them with shotguns first.

Yes her head was on a Pike. It blew clean off and went like 30 feet straight up. We never did find all the limbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Zoub/DSC01049.jpg

I probably own one of the lowest serial numbered G21's you will ever see in this country. To this day, 5 years later I can clearly see the GF NAILING stuff with it at 25 yards. Yes, it is set up to hit at those ranges but we are talking total novice hitting with a .45 before the first mag was even empty. On the other hand she is no weenie and gets the laws of physics. I give myself some credit for teaching her right, but it was all dry fire and theory, no live rounds before that day. In almost 20 years with that gun I have never seen anyone just pick it up and hit so well with it.

After the Glock and a little instruction from some friends of mine (it is good for a relationship to let others teach your mate)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Zoub/DSC01044.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Zoub/DSC01038.jpg

she was hitting spoons at 75-100 yards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Zoub/DSC01060.jpg

We always travel with our own "cheer squad",
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Zoub/DSC01028.jpg

Lil guy in the middle is now infamous here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/46665-proof_little_boys_can_and_will_make_a_gun_out_of_anything_available.html

Last edited:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Kind of kills the joy if you have to explain a witty phrase you just made up.

You must mean a phrase like, "we'll start you off with an airsoft pistol 'cause you're a woman"

OR

"a 1911 is too complicated for you..... because you're a woman"

By the way, it didn't kill the joy for the rest of us. :rolleyes:

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Om
    Om
    (I'm channeling one of the "NRA Instructors" from the original encounter)
    Om
    Om

That "girl" in the video probably isn't even a girl. It's probably some guy with a ponytail, or maybe a wig. I'll bet that was really an AirSoft pistol and they just dubbed the sound of a real gun over the video. If it was a girl, did you notice that she had to have that guy following her around, making sure she was doing everything right, and being close enough in case she had a question or a problem.

Om
    Om

Ok, I'm back. That was weird. I was getting ready to post about that video and I went into some sort of trance and my fingers just started moving around on the keyboard. Those guys sure acted like posterior porkpies, tooshie toques even.
    That girl kicked badunkadunk! That sled thing she was riding down looked fun. Do we have one of those in Indiana?

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    *SIGH* On behalf of all men everywhere I'd like to say I'm sorry... I wish people like that would fall of the Earth... or have a misadventure with a Taco Bell spork, lol!

My girlfriend has been shooting a little over a year now. She just bought a 1911 S&W pro, in 9mm.... AND SHE IS LEFT HANDED! She has no trouble with it at all! She loves my 1911 .45's but got the 9mm because it is cheaper to shoot.

It's true that some women are not strong enough to rack the slide of some semi-autos, BUT NEITHER CAN SOME MEN! I see this ALL THE TIME in my classes.

If you want a 1911, GO GET ONE! But like any other firearm, try it before you buy it! That's true for ANYONE.

I really hope these guys were not NRA instructors. If they were I'd like a PM telling me who they are. That type of stupidity hurts our sport and can distort a person's thoughts on how they can protect themselves.

Stay safe!

Randy
    A little Secret Courage

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My first 1911 was a Para P10. That is the short compact double stack. I had many people tell me that I wouldn't like shooting it because the butt of the gun would dig into my palms and I wouldn't like shooting it. I never had a problem with it and my wife like it well.

I've also had her shoot a 357 revolver and a Desert Eagle 44. She's pretty good with a handgun and I definitely would not want to be on the other end of her when she's shooting. She's only 5'3" and about 120#. She's shot my Garand and did okay but she wouldn't want to shoot it very much. If I ever get to shoot my friends 50 again, I want her to try it out.

I believe many women can learn to shoot better than men. It's been mentioned on here that most women don't bring an ego with them to the range. I know a guy who taught welding for awhile and preferred teaching women as they didn't know it all already.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I believe many women can learn to shoot better than men. It's been mentioned on here that most women don't bring an ego with them to the range.

99% of the time, that statement is very accurate. :twocents:

Top Bottom