• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    A right handed coworker of mine recently lost his left thumb. It was reattached but he will likely not be able to grip a long gun front end.

Does anyone know of a product made to aid shooters who are disabled in this way? I'm thinking of a hook mounted under the front end that would interface with the open hand to control recoil and muzzle rise.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Mount a hand stop backwards and forwards. There are dozens of options for these. If you don't have a rail, there are versions that are just bolt-on.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Have him attend an Appleseed or Revere's Riders and learn the proper use of a sling. I don't really use my left thumb at all when using a sling.

image0201.jpg

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Have him attend an Appleseed or Revere's Riders and learn the proper use of a sling. I don't use my left thumb at all when using a sling.

When pumping a shotgun? (I am assuming it's a pump, for which I have no evidence other than "shotgun".)

Agreed on the use of a sling in this manner for any firearms not requiring manipulation of the front end.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    When pumping a shotgun? (I am assuming it's a pump, for which I have no evidence other than "shotgun".)

Agreed on the use of a sling in this manner for any firearms not requiring manipulation of the front end.

I don't see anything in the OP implying a pump shotgun, but that's a simple fix.

35i2mgm.jpg

Top Bottom